Cube Easy Access or Trapez

macamxthe1st

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2020
After using a Gtech to sample the joys of ebiking I have just ordered a Cube Kathmandu 625 Easy Access. Now being of a certain age I thought that was the way to go. My slight worry is that the roads around here are in a diabolical state and I am a little concerned that the Easy configuration may not have the structural rigidity of either the Trapez or the Crossbar configurations. Any views would be much appreciated.

Geoff.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think you are very unlikely to have any issues because it's a step through. Clearly less structurally sound than a full triangulation, but probably built a bit heavier to make up most of the difference. Even with front suspension and suspension seat post and fairly big tyres the discomfort of bumps you can't avoid will be a bigger issue. A Suntour suspension seatpost might be a worthwhile upgrade for comfort?

macamxthe1st

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2020
I think you are very unlikely to have any issues because it's a step through. Clearly less structurally sound than a full triangulation, but probably built a bit heavier to make up most of the difference. Even with front suspension and suspension seat post and fairly big tyres the discomfort of bumps you can't avoid will be a bigger issue. A Suntour suspension seatpost might be a worthwhile upgrade for comfort?
Thanks for that, supports my own thinking. Just being over cautious as it is obviously a significant investment and have spent so much time researching in order to get it right.