Cube exc 54 cm ebike 500 tourer stolen in High Barnet

Callum

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 15, 2019
Barnet
Frame number WOW696002KGKP I might have already posted this. Had my Cube exc ebike nicked before Christmas and haven't seen it yet so thought I'd flag up here on the off-chance it re emerges this spring somewhere.
£600 reward offered for info leading to return.
My other thought was how feasible would it be for the big bike companies to have a linked database with bike sales, service histories, stolen bikes etc to make bikes more traceable.
All the police seem able to do is say claim on insurance and claim it back.
Bike theft is rife and getting more brazen and more violent very quickly. Any thoughts?

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Sorry to hear that. It is always horrible when you get something nicked.

I have three bikes and tend to use the oldest most tatty one for shopping, and use a d lock.

But a thief can get through most security these days.

I think with the recent craze for all things bicycle it has probably reached the point where you are taking a risk if you leave a nice bike out of your sight irrespective of the locks you have used, which is a shame.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
My other thought was how feasible would it be for the big bike companies to have a linked database...
Along with D-locks, I use these immobitag RFID chips in both my e-bikes. The visual tags may discourage but certainly won't stop the bike being stolen. But if the bike does turn up in some scrotes' garden shed, the Police at least know who it really belongs to from the RFID chip embedded in the frame.

I hope you find your bike.