Cube Kathmandu and Racktime

JamTop

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 22, 2021
Hi Folks,

I am awaiting delivery of a Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625. It has a pre-fitted Racktime Carrier. Racktime offer their original fitting and "Racktime 2.0". Does anyone know which of these is fitted to the Cube Bike?
Thanks in advance for any replies

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I think so.

JamTop

Aug 22, 2021
I guess I'll have to wait for the bike before investing in pannier bags ! :)

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Although mine is a full on all mountain, I'm still intending to fit the same rack that the Scott axis has, also a racktime, just currently not easy to get due to you know what.
Panniers are easy to get on ebay, though currently theres quite a market for them so the price is high, but im sure once the pandemic subsides and people dump the bike, more and cheaper will become more readily available.
I picked up a pair of as new agu sport for 40 quid. Bargain i thought.

JamTop

Aug 22, 2021
Thanks AndyBike. You're dead right about pricing. Everything's astronomical at the mo including panniers. Paid a ridiculous price for the Cube but I've been after one for ages. Everywhere sold out. Even going for the latest model, at least one supplier was saying they'd sold out of their initial stock on pre-orders - mad. Think I'll wait a bit and see what's poss on the pannier front.

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Thanks AndyBike. You're dead right about pricing. Everything's astronomical at the mo including panniers. Paid a ridiculous price for the Cube but I've been after one for ages. Everywhere sold out. Even going for the latest model, at least one supplier was saying they'd sold out of their initial stock on pre-orders - mad. Think I'll wait a bit and see what's poss on the pannier front.
Did you get your bag and/or panniers? I’ve just taken delivery of a Kathmandu and am looking for a rear bag to attach to the rack plus panniers.

JamTop

Aug 22, 2021
Did you get your bag and/or panniers? I’ve just taken delivery of a Kathmandu and am looking for a rear bag to attach to the rack plus panniers.
Yes. I ended up with Cube panniers which were expensive but extremely easy to get on and off the rack. The handle at the top of the bag opens the retaining clips and you just lift it up and off. However, be aware that the clips on these bags sit proud of the top of the rack so slotting in a Racktime top bag at the same time isn't really an option. Fortunately, I don't really need to use both simultaneously. Hope this helps.

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Yes. I ended up with Cube panniers which were expensive but extremely easy to get on and off the rack. The handle at the top of the bag opens the retaining clips and you just lift it up and off. However, be aware that the clips on these bags sit proud of the top of the rack so slotting in a Racktime top bag at the same time isn't really an option. Fortunately, I don't really need to use both simultaneously. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I'll have a look at those. I may need to have a bag on as well as panniers so will look around to see what is available.