Cube Kathmandu mirror

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
So I’ve been looking to buy a mirror that would fit my handle bars but the rather wide rubber grip doesn’t seem standard, can anyone recommend anything? I was looking at the smaller mirrors like cateye

Lumo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2020
How wide are the grips? I have one of these:

They would be able to go around quite a wide grip. However, I don't know if I got a dud or not. It is OK but not great, it is discreet (it can be under the handlebar) and in exactly the right position it gives quite a wide view of behind. However, it tends to move about and the optical quality is not great. On my normal bike I have a differnet one that goes into the end of the handlebar, it sticks out a bit, but it is easy to adjust, says in place for quite a long time, and has better optics.

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
How wide are the grips? I have one of these:

They would be able to go around quite a wide grip. However, I don't know if I got a dud or not. It is OK but not great, it is discreet (it can be under the handlebar) and in exactly the right position it gives quite a wide view of behind. However, it tends to move about and the optical quality is not great. On my normal bike I have a differnet one that goes into the end of the handlebar, it sticks out a bit, but it is easy to adjust, says in place for quite a long time, and has better optics.
Hmmm good question I think it’s similar to this : https://m.bikester.co.uk/rfr-trail-riser-mountain-bike-handlebar-700mm-o318mm-black-385113.html

id like to be able to clip into the larger grips I have won’t allow, if the bars as standard come with a screw hole then maybe I’ll bore a hole through the grips and screw something in, I was looking at your mirror as it happens

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Why don't you fit a bar-end mirror, which will give you a clearer view and not take any space on your handlebars? I use the Zefal Cyclops, which I've found to be the best mirror out of the plethora that I've tried. It has a double folding mechanism, so can easily be tilted out of the way if you have a gateway to go through.

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Yep, I vote for bar end, though you will probably have to chop a hole in the end of the rh grip, unless it has a removable plug. Light, small, stable (no long arm) and a good view.