Cube Kathmandu pro 625 or Haibike SDuro Trekking 1.0 Mens Electric Hybrid Bike - 2020

macamxthe1st

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2020
I have a Cube Kathmandu on order with expected delivery Feb 2021 but just starting to wonder if I should save £1k and buy a Haibike SDuro Trekking 1.0 Mens Electric Hybrid Bike - 2020. My usage is purely leisure on roads and very light tracks so would I be paying more for would I would or could not exploit ?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I have a Cube Kathmandu on order with expected delivery Feb 2021 but just starting to wonder if I should save £1k and buy a Haibike SDuro Trekking 1.0 Mens Electric Hybrid Bike - 2020. My usage is purely leisure on roads and very light tracks so would I be paying more for would I would or could not exploit ?
Sounds like "Buyers Remorse". Only you can answer which bike is for you!
Have you ridden either?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I had a Carrera Crossfuse with the Bosch Activeline Plus 50nm motor which is in the Haibike and found it more than capable around the Peak District including 12% climbs, I was tempted with the new Bosch CX 85nm motor which is in the Cube but in the end felt it was not worth the extra money and weight.

macamxthe1st

Sep 30, 2020
I had a Carrera Crossfuse with the Bosch Activeline Plus 50nm motor which is in the Haibike and found it more than capable around the Peak District including 12% climbs, I was tempted with the new Bosch CX 85nm motor which is in the Cube but in the end felt it was not worth the extra money and weight.
Very helpful thanks.

PhilMK42

Oct 15, 2020
Bedford
I have the Kathmandu. It’s a fantastic bike, everythings well spec’d and feels ‘just so’ if that makes sense? I opted for the 45kmh version, I’m getting 60 miles using the basic two assist modes.

macamxthe1st

Sep 30, 2020
I actually sat down and waded through the comparative specs. What was I thinking, no contest, Kathmandu all the way. I think I must have had a fit of "long wait apprehension" coupled with "lockdown irrationality", roll on February.

Reactions: PhilMK42