CUBE Nature Hybrid One 500 Allroad

Unseen

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2016
Manchester, UK
Well I've fallen very much in to the N+1 category with my recent purchase! Originally visited the LBS where my Raleigh Strada E came from to have them look at the Di2 as it had been playing up a little (and I have zero clue when it comes to the Alfine hub so leaving that to the experts!) as you do was asking what they'd recommend as an upgrade. Short chat later I'm sat on the VERY red Cube and woah it's a god riding position for me already without changing the bars which I had to do with the raleigh. Picked it up yesterday and I've been for a very quick short spin and like it but weekend working put paid to any decent run out so that's monday evening sorted ;)

So coming from a STePs setup is there anything I should be aware of with the Bosch system? At the minute it's got Smart Sams on it but with the trails and maybe the odd run to work in Manchester I'm thinking of swapping them for maybe Schwabe Energiser like the Strada or maybe Marathon Pluses but I've had them slip out a couple of times on my non-ebike are the MTB versions any better or just the same?
The other upgrade I'm looking at is either Kiox or the Smartphone Hub just can't figure out which is better? I'm not likely to do much offroading (well until I get fitter maybe!) so having the phone up front shouldn't be an issue. Spoke with the LBS and if I can get hold of either retrofit kit they'll fit it for me, the gadget geek in me says the SmartphoneHub but they don't seem to be out yet that I can see. Anyone swapped from Purion to Kiox or even thinking about the smartphonehub?

Cheers,
Rob

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Well I've fallen very much in to the N+1 category with my recent purchase! Originally visited the LBS where my Raleigh Strada E came from to have them look at the Di2 as it had been playing up a little (and I have zero clue when it comes to the Alfine hub so leaving that to the experts!) as you do was asking what they'd recommend as an upgrade. Short chat later I'm sat on the VERY red Cube and woah it's a god riding position for me already without changing the bars which I had to do with the raleigh. Picked it up yesterday and I've been for a very quick short spin and like it but weekend working put paid to any decent run out so that's monday evening sorted ;)

So coming from a STePs setup is there anything I should be aware of with the Bosch system? At the minute it's got Smart Sams on it but with the trails and maybe the odd run to work in Manchester I'm thinking of swapping them for maybe Schwabe Energiser like the Strada or maybe Marathon Pluses but I've had them slip out a couple of times on my non-ebike are the MTB versions any better or just the same?
The other upgrade I'm looking at is either Kiox or the Smartphone Hub just can't figure out which is better? I'm not likely to do much offroading (well until I get fitter maybe!) so having the phone up front shouldn't be an issue. Spoke with the LBS and if I can get hold of either retrofit kit they'll fit it for me, the gadget geek in me says the SmartphoneHub but they don't seem to be out yet that I can see. Anyone swapped from Purion to Kiox or even thinking about the smartphonehub?

Cheers,
Rob
In today's world, Internet research is always the best place to start before buying anything, and if you can also read German, look at the German web sites about the problems seen.
There are also many YouTube videos on the same subject.
regards and best wishes
Andy

Unseen

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2016
Manchester, UK
In today's world, Internet research is always the best place to start before buying anything, and if you can also read German, look at the German web sites about the problems seen.
There are also many YouTube videos on the same subject.
regards and best wishes
Andy
I've seen some of the issues relating to the bosch motors I guess I should have been a bit clearer and was more looking for quirks or any advice if I needed to change my riding style? Having the Step 6000 I guess they are both similar beasts being mid drives so.

Currently looking to replace the Smart Sams it came shod in with either Smart Sam Plus or maybe the energisers that I've got on the other bike. And still debating over changing to Kiox or not.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

MarcusT

Pedelecer
May 5, 2019
NE Italy
Upgrade to the Kiox is a very expensive buy. I would stay with the Purion until you are absolutely sure you want to spend that much.