Cube or Cube

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'm about to buy / place my order (3 weeks wait) for a Cube reaction hybrid pro 29 :)
Unfortunately there was only a race 29 available for a test ride in my preferred frame size and I know there's a few little differences between the two. During my 5 mile test ride I didn't use the top power option, knowing the race has higher power than the Pro.
So my question is, are there any major differences between the two bikes motors that would effect the overall riding experience or will the pro perform much like the race but without that final boost at the top end.
I don't want to buy the pro and find that it's in the shad compared to the race.
And before anyone suggests a more expensive alternative I should point out I'v just stretched my max budget in order to get the pro and I'll be on bread & water for a while:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Electrifying Cycles

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Yes Eddie your not wrong there, I've been back to the store and I took the pro version out for a spin, to large to enjoy a long ride but 1/2 mile round the block was enough to tell it pulls as hard as the race and I can't wait.