philwinfieldATgmail.com

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2020
Hi,

Due to cancer, and specifically a met in the brain I can no longer drive. I've tried a Cube Reaction 2019 for a day in the New Forest and really loved it, felt like I was all fine so I trying to find one in probably the worst time ever for buying an eBike as everyone wants one.
Because of the delay I've got newer bikes to tempt me (and I cant get those either!) so has anyone any strong opinions on :
Cube Reaction Pro 625 vs Trek Powerfly?
They both have the Bosch Performance CX which looks good and is one up from the one I had for the day but I have read the Bosch Power Line has zero drag which appeals as I did a fair bit of biking before getting ill and would like to have no assist when I can.

Other ideas welcome as I was not planning on spending so much but at the same time, I'd love to go out for a ride with my wife or a friend and pretend I'm back in the old days.

Thanks

Phil

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
your title says Cube / Scott but mention cube and trek which Scott were you looking at ?
As for the bosch cx gen 4 i dont feel any drag with it at all so i would not be worried on that count .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi,

Due to cancer, and specifically a met in the brain I can no longer drive. I've tried a Cube Reaction 2019 for a day in the New Forest and really loved it, felt like I was all fine so I trying to find one in probably the worst time ever for buying an eBike as everyone wants one.
Because of the delay I've got newer bikes to tempt me (and I cant get those either!) so has anyone any strong opinions on :
Cube Reaction Pro 625 vs Trek Powerfly?
They both have the Bosch Performance CX which looks good and is one up from the one I had for the day but I have read the Bosch Power Line has zero drag which appeals as I did a fair bit of biking before getting ill and would like to have no assist when I can.

Other ideas welcome as I was not planning on spending so much but at the same time, I'd love to go out for a ride with my wife or a friend and pretend I'm back in the old days.

Thanks

Phil
I'd avoid any CX Bosch bike with the small chainwheel because of reliability issues. Th CX gen 4 is better.

philwinfieldATgmail.com

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2020
Thanks both, yes my choice is the CX and I've been looking at Trek and Scott so I'll stick with the Cube. I just can't find anywhere that had one in stock!