Cube Touring One Hybrid 400

ninjamoose

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2020
Hi all

Looking to get my first e-bike - does anyone have any experience of the above bike? Or recommendations around the £1,500 price point?

Many thanks in advance!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Next door have one, very good.

Also look at Woosh (https://wooshbikes.co.uk/) and Juicy (https://wooshbikes.co.uk/). You'll probably get just as good a bike for quite a lot less.

And any repairs or replacement batteries needed are likely to be much cheaper as they use mainly standard parts. Bosch and the other big name propriety systems tend to have expensive repairs. They can take some time as well; Bosch usually requires the dealer to ship the motor back to Germany.

Reactions: Poolepete

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
My wife has a Cube Elly Ride (which I believe is a very similar spec) that she got about a month ago. So far, so very good. I don't think you will go wrong with the Hybrid and the 2019 models are very good value at this time.

ninjamoose

May 10, 2020
Thank you for your replies!

I looked at the Woosh site and the bikes look great but just a bit concerned about the distance to the retailer (I live in Manchester). Figured the Cube one I could get in a store.

I was also looking at the Crossfire - E but concerned about the talk of cut outs!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I was also looking at the Crossfire - E but concerned about the talk of cut outs!
Yes. And I saw a recent post (can't remember if it was here or on Cycling UK) that indicates the problems still apply even with the latest model.

Woosh will provide excellent pre and post sale customer service, but I agree that isn't the same as a good local bike shop. Sadly there have been quite a few posts recently about LBSs that are keen on sales but not so keen on the post-sale service.

Reactions: ninjamoose

ninjamoose

May 10, 2020
Best avoiding the Crossfire as it is notoriously unreliable, the Crossfuse is a much better bike using the Bosch system otherwise Wisper, Woosh or Juicy for non Bosch.
Which models from those would you recommend as being comparable?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Personally I would buy a bike I could take back if I had any problems, I have a Wisper 905se which I bought in Stoke, a Carrera Crossfuse I bought from a local Halfords and have had a Juicy Sport Click which I bought from Disley all good bikes and all within a 1 hour journey, having said that I could be tempted by Woosh as they have a good reputation for reliability and after service. Really a test ride would be ideal but possibly a bit tricky at the moment.

ninjamoose

May 10, 2020
Managed to get a test ride on the Cube tomorrow which is a starting point I guess. Did look at the Crossfuse but it's more expensive than the Cube which I *think* is a better bike..

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
Look forward to hearing how you get on. Based purely on prejudice over nothing else, I would take a Cube over a Crossfuse. Particularly when the Cube is such good value at this time.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Managed to get a test ride on the Cube tomorrow which is a starting point I guess. Did look at the Crossfuse but it's more expensive than the Cube which I *think* is a better bike..
Your right it probably is better, but I got mine last year for £1,100 with discounts.

Andyj27

Oct 29, 2017
Essex
I've had a Cube Touring Hybrid One 500 for 3 months (my first ebike) and I love it.
Great range, quiet motor, comfy and stable ride, can carry plenty of gear on rack, good brakes, gears ok, good on and off road (light stuff). Very heavy but that's to be expected. I can highly recommend but it's the only ebike I have ridden.

ninjamoose

May 10, 2020
I've finally received it after what felt like a lifetime of excited waiting and after a few rides am absolutely loving it! Now been tasked with finding suitable bikes for family members who don't want to spend quite as much...

Prefect

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2020
I've finally received it after what felt like a lifetime of excited waiting and after a few rides am absolutely loving it! Now been tasked with finding suitable bikes for family members who don't want to spend quite as much...
The Best Value Bikes I have seen are from Woosh but not all in stock.
No financial connection.