Cyclamatic Bargain Alert

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Dont forget to request the EN19154 certificate before buying.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
Dont forget to request the EN19154 certificate before buying.
Probably also worth noting (not that I'm suggesting it in this case) that there is a lot of cheating going on in the EU Type Approval world, especially in the Far East. We uncovered a fair bit of it in some commercial test houses years ago, but I'm sure it's got worse since.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Haha!

In all seriousness, if anyone is after a cheap ebike, one of these is worth going for - you wont find any much cheaper - and the spec is reasonable.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Buying one of these as a first step into electric bikes is a no brainer.
Sports HQ are pretty quick and reliable at sorting out any warranty issues for the first year.
Then you probably have one of the most tinkered with budget bikes on the forum.
This means that after the warranty expires, you will have a plethora of knowledge from the forum, to fix any problems that may occur.

Plethora... Damn I love that word :D

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I should have put a smiley at the end of my post :D

---------------------------------
Posted using Tapatalk :)

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Whats involved with getting discounts on these bikes? a work colleague of mine is interested. Top cash back? quidco? means nothing to me so i can't advise him!!!

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know about Top Cashback, but you definitely get 5% of your cash back with Quidco. You go to the Quidco website, sign up, and then go and buy your bike. Later, by majic or something else, the 5% cash will appear in your bank account. You can save a fortune if you buy insurance, stay in hotels, eat out, etc.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Whats involved with getting discounts on these bikes? a work colleague of mine is interested. Top cash back? quidco? means nothing to me so i can't advise him!!!
If you sign up with topcashback and create an account then you can do a search on their site for SportsHQ and follow through on the link to make your order. Do not go to the SportsHQ site without going through topcashback while signed in to your account. You will have to pay the full price of £499. The rebate of 10% ( or whatever discount they are giving) of your purchase will come through to your topcashback account after several weeks and you can then transfer the funds back to your bank account.

Worked for me! - but that was a while ago and you may wish to verify this.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
I see the discount is 8% for quidco and you say 10% for topcashback? I've just registered myself on quidco just to see how it works, not sure if i am going to spend much with some of the stores listed on there, but then again, i don't 'do' regular shopping....
i'll point him to this site and he can read how to create accounts. Thanks for the replies.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
I see the discount is 8% for quidco and you say 10% for topcashback? I've just registered myself on quidco just to see how it works, not sure if i am going to spend much with some of the stores listed on there, but then again, i don't 'do' regular shopping....
i'll point him to this site and he can read how to create accounts. Thanks for the replies.
TopCashback.co.uk - Search Results

no joining/annual fee either.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know how I did it in the registration process, but whenever I use my debit card at one of their listed partners, I get cashback - even though I don't tell them or do it through their website. Therefore you should make sure you use your registered bank account/card for any purchases.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I don't know how I did it in the registration process, but whenever I use my debit card at one of their listed partners, I get cashback - even though I don't tell them or do it through their website. Therefore you should make sure you use your registered bank account/card for any purchases.
You can go in and update your bank card details after registering and nominate all/any of the ones you use. Quidco is decent on the whole. Just make sure you clear coookies before clicking through to some sites. Got £100 back through them when I took out a mobile phone SIM-only contract with Vodafone. Given it was only 12 months with a £15.50 a month cost that was a massive rebate - and couldn't nearly be matched by their retentions team. One Vodafone guy told me it was b*llocks and I'd never get the money. Turns out he was wrong !

Loads of cycle shops like Evans, Wiggle and Cycle Surgery give cashback if you click through to their site via being logged in a Quidco / Top Cashback first. It takes some months but you usually get the money :D.

Now just need to persuade BMS battery to sign up with them .. some people would get a fortune back !!! :p