cyclamatic only runs w/pedal assist

hotrodstoyz

Just Joined
Aug 27, 2010
phoenix, arizona
This is my first post ever, so bear with me.

I bought my cyclamatic last November. I've put about 2000 miles on it and have replaced forks, rims, tires, planitary gears, and the crank. I live in phoenix, arizona. Where it is Flat and HOT!! I ride about 6 miles to and from work everyday. A couple of months ago my bike started to shut off when i would hit a bump or hole in the rode. Now the motor will shut off under full throttle and will only run with me pedaling. Where to start? Battery, Controller, or the Motor. I haven't been able to find any information on the manufactuer of the bike, or the battery 24/volt.

Now my problem is power. Or the lack of, would better discribe it. I've read a lot of posts but haven't stumbled onto anyone with the same problem.

Well that's it. if anyone can help me figure out what parts to replace or how to check each part for proper function. I could use the help. Thanks

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Cutting out over bumps suggests loose connection's or contacts. These could be anywhere from the key switch[check connection's and try bypassing], battery to controller contact's[check for pitting or burning on contact's, clean and tighten if possible by squeezing together] Connection's within controller compartment[check all connection's] Connector between controller and hub[check for good fit]
Power cutting off at full throttle may be battery on way out but could also be a bad connection as above. Good luck.

hotrodstoyz

Just Joined
Aug 27, 2010
phoenix, arizona
A Good place to start

Thanks, Thats exactly what i did when i first had the intermittent power shut off. I found that the fuse holder for the 20 amp/250 volt fuse had came loose and was melting the wire and connection. I replaced the fuse holder and soldered on a new connector. I should mention that when the bike was just shutting down i had full power at the throttle and as soon as i turned the key to the off position and then back on again, I had full power. After i replaced the fuse holder the problem continued, so I looked and checked all the connections they were all tight and i found no signs of loose or frayed wires. I even tried to get it to shut down by wiggling the wires and bouncing the bike but it would not repeat like it has been doing on the road.

Then i checked the voltage: Battery at full charge is 29.3 volts. The throttle has 4.7 volts. The wires going to the motor ranged from 14.5 to 16.5. Thats just sitting without any load. all these checks were done at the controller. I know I'm not being very specific I'm going to recheck everything and write down the results.

thank you for your help and time.
Have a Great day