Help! Cyclamatic throttle

geoffs

Just Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Hi am new here but have run a cyclamatic for some years uprated it to 36volts when it needed a new battery and it realy goes well as long as one is careful not to full power it for to long as it will overheat wiring and control system it still runs well on the pedal assist sensor but throttle has failed so does anyone Know of a replacement I can purchace and wire in Original one or another that will do the job.
Many thanks
Geoffs

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You can use any throttle you want. They all work with 5v. The wiring is a bit unusal. I have attached a link to a thread that explains it. The pedal sensor gets its 5v from the throttle via the switch on the throttle. With any other throttle you have to connect the pedal sensor red wire to any other 5v red one. Don't use the thin red on the connector that has black and red because that has battery voltage, not 5v. Use a meter to check if you're not sure.

geoffs

Just Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Many thanks for your info I did purchase a throttle control off Amazon which have fitted and works fine however the wire codes were not right for my bike yes the red is the 5 volt but as no longer have the switch this is spliced with the white wire and the greenish wire is the varible control feed ie 1 to 4 volts wired up that way works fine black negative of course. the yellow is battery voltage so remains unused as have not connected the LEDs