Cyclematic Battery Problem

Nickaka

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Hi i have a cyclematic plus its and older one .Battery fully charged and works after about 4 mins turns off all lights on throttle go off have to turn key on and off while moving and turns on again for a few minutes then same again .I have another bike and it does the same on that one .Any Help Greatly appreciated

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi i have a cyclematic plus its and older one .Battery fully charged and works after about 4 mins turns off all lights on throttle go off have to turn key on and off while moving and turns on again for a few minutes then same again .I have another bike and it does the same on that one .Any Help Greatly appreciated
Sounds like a discharged battery, Li-ion possibly.
And the BMS is trying to prevent further discharge from damaging the battery cells.
Have you checked both the battery voltage and the charger output voltage, but as you did not mention the nominal battery voltage, I cannot give you exact values to look for.
You need a reasonably accurate voltage or Multi meter, and how to use it.
If the charger shows green, there are several reasons for that:-
1) Battery is fully charged, but unlikely in your case I feel.
2) The battery is overly discharged and the BMS or the charger is prevented from charging for safety reasons.
3) Charger is defective and not charging the battery. The reason could be as simple as a broken cable to the battery socket/plug connector. A multi-meter might help with identifying that using the Ohms scale.
4) Charger connector damaged in some way or even just dirty. Same as 3)
5) Connector on battery damaged or dirty.
6) Internal battery wiring damaged.
7) Internal fuse in battery blown.
8) Battery cells are now damaged due to maybe not being charged for a long time, usually months at least.
There may be other possible reasons that I myself have never seen.
regards
Andy