Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Hello everyone! Do you monitor your health? Recently I realized that I pay too little attention to the state of my body. It made me start looking for some good drugs and reliable nutritional supplements. I think CBD oil is my choice because it is truly a multi-functional nutritional supplement that can replace many drugs.
Do you have a ebike or are you shortly going to be plugging some cbd oil /.

Most members arrive with a Hello, im such and such and this is the bike ive bought....

Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
As an overweight person, I don't want to hear this either:

1.5 stones more to lose, lost three and a bit...

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyBike

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This pandemic is a nanoscale Godzilla vs Other Mutated Monsters movie. I hope there's no Godzuki...

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I think that cycling is an excellent way to stay in shape.
It is indeed.
As is exercise in general, and eating healthily.

In fact, since this thread was started, more and more evidence has come to light showing the correlation between severity of Covid symptoms (and especially mortality!) with how unhealthy people are in general.

Which should make all of us wonder why our governments have done virtually nothing in this area.
Any sane person would have thought improving the health of the nation through campaigns to enhance exercise and diet should have been a top priority.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020

40% less overnight stays. That's really good.
However, balancing that out is the rate of spread of Omicron appears greater than 140%* compared to Delta.
Hence we're still heading for NHS overload if the transmission rates stay as they are.

It's basically a race of booster versus Omicron - an estimated 200k Omicron infections per day versus 1m boosters + ~10 days whilst it kicks in.

In my area quite a lot of people continue to take reasonable precautions (masking up, meeting outside, keeping rooms ventilated, etc), which should help dampen the transmission a little. I'm glad they're bothering.

Fingers crossed for you all over Xmas.

(*From the same article: 'NHS England also said 301 Covid admissions were recorded by hospitals in London on 20 December, up 78% week on week...')

• :D
Reactions: POLLY