Cycling Jacket

MaryPoppins

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2020
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quality hi-viz waterproof cycling jacket for commuting that has particularly long sleeves. I have long arms and can't seem to find a jacket that comes down to the hands when I am stretched out.
Thanks

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
I would this windproof (will provide some waterproofing) as well he ventilation is really good i.e. pit zips etc (though not Hi Viz):
I bought it from here.
If you combine it with Paramo enduro fleece you have a waterproof system (though not as good as their dedicated waterproof jacket)
I bought mine here.
Hope this helps, I am unsure if the sleeve length would be long enough for you.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Paramo do a specific cycling jacket. It has armpit/torso ventilation zips, it's breathable and the hood fits well so that it turns with your head. It's also adjustable to fit over a helmet. I assume that, as it's a cycle jacket, the arms are thereby longer.
Thing is, they ain't cheap, but they do last.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I too am long in the arm. 6'4" so in proportion.

I use an Altura Nightvision jacket, which I've found really good for arm length. Outstanding for high vis and has a detachable hood for when the going gets wet.

Gaz

Reactions: JPGiant

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I too am long in the arm. 6'4" so in proportion.

I use an Altura Nightvision jacket, which I've found really good for arm length. Outstanding for high vis and has a detachable hood for when the going gets wet.

Gaz
I agree and use one, but last time I tried to find one online I could not. Maybe they have stopped making them. I would be pleased if you could post a link where they are still available.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I agree and use one, but last time I tried to find one online I could not. Maybe they have stopped making them. I would be pleased if you could post a link where they are still available.
These look similar to mine:

Gaz

• Informative
Reactions: georgehenry