Cycling Undercrackers

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
I heard on TV that nearly everybody in Essex gets their features artificially adjusted in some way, but I never heard of foot lengthening before.

Where exactly in South Essex are you? I know that area pretty well because I spent most of my young life there. I lived in Basildon, went to school in Grays, later lived in West Thurrock, where I met my wife. My sister still lives in Pitsea.

I know every good fishing spot on the river Thames all the way from the Dartford bridge to Shewburyness, if that helps. The best was the pipe fishing at West Thurrock Power Station, which I think is now out of commission. They screened off the fish in the water inlet and diverted them back to the river down a pipe that came out of the sea wall. We used to put a keepnet across it. I had just about everything in that net including, would you believe, pipefish. The best were plaice, dover soles, cod in the winter, bass in the summer, and nearly always we got loads of prawns. Most common were flounders, spratts (in season), smelts and eels. One guy got a 4 ft conger eel out of it. I also saw a 10lb bass.
Did you admit to be coming from Basildon? A game admission by any standard!

I live in glorious sunny Southend, home of the Whoosh! ,Tho' I don't own one.
p.s. ,I shall refrain responding to your body modification June, and retain my unmodified dignity☝

Reactions: LeighPing

rich_r

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2017
North Yorkshire
Bib shorts are great for those of us with a front overhang, which tends to make cycling jerseys ride up. But you do most definitely need to wear a jersey or shirt over the top...

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
I heard on TV that nearly everybody in Essex gets their features artificially adjusted in some way, but I never heard of foot lengthening before.

Doctor: I'm afraid we've had to take a foot off.
Patient: That's good I'll be able to wear a kilt again!

Wasn't that Spike Milligan?

Anyhow lots of ideas, thanks! Most involve items you have to change out of though, was hoping to avoid that.....

Will try the jumping and hoiking trick.

• :D

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Selle Italia Flow X1 - Selle Italia saddles. They let you 'breathe'. I think any make/model with a cut-out will put less stress / heat on that area.

1223-1.jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0712_01.JPG
;) fkn 80 quid tho.
DSC_0714_02.JPG

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
This idea of special clothes for day to day cycling smacks of EAS (Equipment Acquisition Syndrome).

Look at it the Dutch way, dress for the destination, not the journey.

wheeler

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I wouldn't like to think what'd happen if you came to a sudden stop and slid off the seat whilst on one of those saddles :eek:
you can have my old one if you want it ;)

• :D