Cyclotricity ekit Error code 01

Dee123

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 12, 2014
I have had a cyclotrixity conversion kit on my bike for 2 years. The motor has now stopped working and I am getting an error message 01. Does anyone know what this means please?

Attachments

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013

Dee123

Aug 12, 2014
I have had a cyclotrixity conversion kit on my bike for 2 years. The motor has now stopped working and I am getting an error message 01. Does anyone know what this means please?
I'm not an expert on electrics but I'm sure one will come along to offer help,
in the meantime this link to what looks like the same lcd meter may give you an idea.
See page 10.

http://www.szktdz.com/upload/file/20140814/20140814015208_34156.pdf

Dave.
Cheers Dave. It looks like a 'throttle abnormality' from the information given but not sure what this means or how to fix Hopefully someone can help. Thank you for replying.

Reactions: D C

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have KT lcd1 and 01 is T/A. I think its a 3 wire setup so a hall sensor. A new throttle should solve it other wise you may have a loose connection to the sensor or a magnet sticking in the throttle. If you are careful you may be able to pry the throttle apart. There throttle action is sprung loaded, is the action returning to the closed position fully. Operating the throttle moves the magnet away from the sensor so it opens, as you release the throttle the magnet is sensed (closed) and shuts off the power.

Last edited:

Dee123

Aug 12, 2014
I have KT lcd1 and 01 is T/A. I think its a 3 wire setup so a hall sensor. A new throttle should solve it other wise you may have a loose connection to the sensor or a magnet sticking in the throttle. If you are careful you may be able to pry the throttle apart. There throttle action is sprung loaded, is the action returning to the closed position fully. Operating the throttle moves the magnet away from the sensor so it opens, as you release the throttle the magnet is sensed (closed) and shuts off the power.
Thank you Nealth. I will see if I can get somebody to look at the throttle. The throttle does seem a bit sticky. Definitely not spring loaded any more. So that could be the problem. I appreciate your reply. Dee

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A spray of WD40 or a silicone spray may do the trick.

Reactions: Dee123
D

Deleted member 4366

Since the throttle is optional, the error code must mean that it's a logical error on the throttle signal. The only one I can think of is non-zero when you switch on. For safety, the controller checks the throttle when you switch on. If the signal isn't zero (less than 1.8v), it won't allow any power until it has seen the zero throttle signal.

Disconnect the throttle, switch everything on, lift the wheel off the ground and reconnect the throttle. If the motor spins at any speed, then you have a zero-throttle problem. The speed will indicate the likely problem. Do the test and let us know the results.

Dee123

Aug 12, 2014
Oh thank you. I will let you know how I get on. Will try and get someone to look at this today.

Dee123

Aug 12, 2014
Since the throttle is optional, the error code must mean that it's a logical error on the throttle signal. The only one I can think of is non-zero when you switch on. For safety, the controller checks the throttle when you switch on. If the signal isn't zero (less than 1.8v), it won't allow any power until it has seen the zero throttle signal.

Disconnect the throttle, switch everything on, lift the wheel off the ground and reconnect the throttle. If the motor spins at any speed, then you have a zero-throttle problem. The speed will indicate the likely problem. Do the test and let us know the results.
Great. Thanks for the advice I will let you know how it goes.

Dee123

Aug 12, 2014
Great. Thanks for the advice I will let you know how it goes.
I have good news!!! It was a simple fault now I found out it was a throttle problem. What had happened was the throttle had become a little loose and slipped down againt the rubber grip on my handlebar. This stopped the throttle working. As soon as I moved the throttle away from the grip the throttle started to work back on the spring mechanism. So many thanks everyone for all your help and advice. I really appreciate you taking time to help me sort this issue.