Cyclotricity kit

D

Deleted member 4366

With those batery options and a standard 250w hub-motor, the speed won't be much more than 15 mph even if it's not resricted. I'd get the LCD panel upgrade because you can set the PAS assiist level, which helps a lot with range.

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
Hi Waspy,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, they can't be derestricted as there isn't much of a point to include such feature on a 250W motor. But as Dave said, if you get the LCD display, you can put it on assist level number 5 and reach up to 18mph with a bit of tailwind (depending on the weight of the cyclist of course).

Hope this helps.

Rami

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Hi Waspy,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, they can't be derestricted as there isn't much of a point to include such feature on a 250W motor. But as Dave said, if you get the LCD display, you can put it on assist level number 5 and reach up to 18mph with a bit of tailwind (depending on the weight of the cyclist of course).

Hope this helps.

Rami
Thanks for replying.

I'm seriously considering one of your kits, which I'd get from e-motion in Swindon.

My only concern is this business of the upside down wire or whatever it is, as mentioned in another thread.

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
We'd be delighted for you to become our customer :)

I actually recently replied to that other thread, not sure if you saw it. I'm still confident that the sealant is tight enough to cope with rain, splashes etc. But by all means, feel free to add even more silicon around the outside of the spindle opening if you are still concerned.

Alternatively, you can easily turn the torque washer upside down in order to have the cable facing downwards (although, I don't think this is necessary in my view). But if you choose to do this, just make sure the cable goes up around the side of the spindle and use cable ties to fix it in place. This is to prevent the spindle from squashing the cable against anything.

D

Deleted member 4366

My only concern is this business of the upside down wire or whatever it is, as mentioned in another thread.
It's nothing to worry about. You can put the wire how you want. The idea is that if the wire exits downwards before going up (your choice), the rain runs down and drips off the bottom without trying to go in the motor. If, on the other hand, you bring the wire directly upwards from the axle, the rain will run down and try and follow the wire into the motor, where the sealant will block it. As it doesn't cost anything to bring the wire downwards, that should be the logical choice of the installer (you).

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
OK that's put my mind at rest. Thanks.

I think I will get this kit, it's available to pick up in a local shop and it's very reasonably priced.

One of the things about mail order that worries me is the wheel not being true, if I buy it locally from a shop (with a workshop) I can simply get them to put it right.

The de-restriction thing is really just a thought that it would be great to have a 'turbo' type switch, but on reflection I know I'd end up worrying if I were to use it. As time goes by the police are bound to get more interested in this subject, especially if electric cycling really takes off and there are lots of them on the streets, it's all going to end in tears for someone soon.

mogwai

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2012
London, UK
I've got one of the cyclotricity bikes and looking at the kit I'd guess they're using mostly the same components so it should be rock solid. The LCD display really is a must have though, i can't imagine how anyone could put up with the basic one, the little dashboard is superb.

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
I've got one of the cyclotricity bikes and looking at the kit I'd guess they're using mostly the same components so it should be rock solid. The LCD display really is a must have though, i can't imagine how anyone could put up with the basic one, the little dashboard is superb.
Thanks Mogwai, I'm glad you are enjoying your bike :)

Yes you are right, we use exactly the same components on the kits that we use on our own bikes.

If you need anything, please do let us know.

Rami

Last edited: