Cyclotricity Kit

skywayd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2017
London
Hi everyone, I have just bought a cyclotricity hybrid off someone as new, only 3 months old, for just over £400. I am very impressed and would like to convert one of my other many bikes, (have very tolerable wifey). I was planning on buying another kit from cyclotricity without the battery and just use one battery for 2. The 250w front wheel kit with PAS/LCD comes out to £249 which seems really reasonable. Am I right in thinking this is all I need barring a bottle battery holder they sell for £40. Just seems very cheap to me.

Also anyone know whether its ok for the 36v battery to be showing 58v when fully charged. I rang the shop where the bike come from but they didnt really know

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello sykyward,
Yes that's really all you need. You may want to check whether torque arms are supplied other wise you may need 1 or to be safe 2 for the 250 hub on a front fork if its ali, with steel forks you can get away with none.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
58V? Really? Showing where?
A fully charged 36v battery would be around 42v. Even a 48v battery would not be that high. Even when charging neither would be that high.
Have another look, and try your voltmeter on a known source to check its accuracy

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
skyward,
check the settings on your voltmeter, you should set it for Volts, DC.
If you select AC, the reading will be 1.4 time higher.

D

Deleted member 4366

You voltmeter's battery is probably finished. Put in a new one, then check again.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Maybe its a dodgy voltmeter. Its only a cheap ebay thing, thanks guys never considered its the voltmeter.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Do as said put a new 9v battery in it, I only use the cheap ebay fiver ones and that happens when the battery has had it.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Yes guys thank you, it was the battery in the voltmeter (was about 5v instead of 9v) And its brand new voltmeter. showing 36v now instead of 50 :D. I would never have guessed a depleted battery would do that, thought it would just fade the display or not come on

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
Anyone know why I don't see a controller on my revolver hybrid?? Pictures I see online its behind seatpost tube. Mine has nothing, it must be somewhere. Guessing its in the battery holder. hmm If thats the case I wont be able to interchange batteries if I buy the kit, would need to buy another battery as well, grr

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The controller is in the battery holder, not the battery, so you can use the battery on two bikes as long as you buy the same type of holder, i.e. the one with the compartment for the controller. There was a link to somewhere that sold both types recently, so search back and see what you can find.

skywayd

Jan 29, 2017
London
The controller is in the battery holder, not the battery, so you can use the battery on two bikes as long as you buy the same type of holder, i.e. the one with the compartment for the controller. There was a link to somewhere that sold both types recently, so search back and see what you can find.
Yes, I have been looking but cannot find the battery anywhere, even by using the numbers on the battery itself.
My concern now would be if I found same holder for this battery and bought the kit that the wiring would not be compatible with that holder with built in controller.