Cyclotricity stealth 1000w

duncanbooth

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2016
This bike has changed my life. I bought it for £1295 from Ebikes direct, 20 months ago. I live in the heart of the Lake District, and use it on a daily basis, to get about, having done approaching 5000miles since purchase.

In 2010 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. As an outdoor person and super keen rock climber, this news was devastating. Since then I have adapted, I have had to focus on what I still can do. As my walking is terrible, the only way i can get about is on my bike. Having the off road capability has allowed me to get to the summits of many fells and mountains locally. The off road power really has to be experienced, to be believed. It is easy to change between 250 and 1000w modes quickly on the LCD dashboard. The 5 pedal assist modes allow pretty much any hill to be climbed pretty easily, even for me.

On first getting the bike i did 40 miles on one charge over pretty hilly territory. Since then i have done approaching 5000 miles. I didn't really look after the battery too well, leaving the bike and battery in an unheated garage nightly over winter, saying that , the bike can still cover 32 miles on one charge. These distances are on pedal assist 1, with no use of thumb throttle.
I have upgraded the brakes with BB7 s as it can really take a bit of stopping.11000308_10152667317146990_7077778652438666986_o.jpg
11134022_409464849234799_8059659105360581946_o.jpg DSC_0011.JPG DSC_1599 (1) (1).JPG DSC_1599 (1) (1).JPG DSC_1625.JPG

skywayd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2017
London
This bike has changed my life. I bought it for £1295 from Ebikes direct, 20 months ago. I live in the heart of the Lake District, and use it on a daily basis, to get about, having done approaching 5000miles since purchase.

In 2010 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. As an outdoor person and super keen rock climber, this news was devastating. Since then I have adapted, I have had to focus on what I still can do. As my walking is terrible, the only way i can get about is on my bike. Having the off road capability has allowed me to get to the summits of many fells and mountains locally. The off road power really has to be experienced, to be believed. It is easy to change between 250 and 1000w modes quickly on the LCD dashboard. The 5 pedal assist modes allow pretty much any hill to be climbed pretty easily, even for me.

On first getting the bike i did 40 miles on one charge over pretty hilly territory. Since then i have done approaching 5000 miles. I didn't really look after the battery too well, leaving the bike and battery in an unheated garage nightly over winter, saying that , the bike can still cover 32 miles on one charge. These distances are on pedal assist 1, with no use of thumb throttle.
I have upgraded the brakes with BB7 s as it can really take a bit of stopping.View attachment 16404
View attachment 16405 View attachment 16406 View attachment 16407 View attachment 16407 View attachment 16408
Well done for not letting your condition stop you from enjoying your outside life and being able to find help from an e-bike.

Retyred1

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2016
NZ

I have upgraded the brakes with BB7 s as it can really take a bit of stopping.View attachment 16404
View attachment 16405 View attachment 16406 View attachment 16407 View attachment 16407 View attachment 16408
Well done, great that you've found an ebike that suits you. I love hearing stories from people like you who are quite prepared to go out and carry on their interests even after your illness was diagnosed.
And the fact that you have done more miles than most of us.

I don't know much about the brand of your bike, but it must be a goody.

Romoletto78

Apr 4, 2019
Hi I m very glad that you are happy with this ebike.
I would like to buy it as well.
Could you tell me if it has the walk mode?
I live in a flat at the first floor and I have problems to bring it upstairs. So I was wondering if the walk mode could help.
Thank you

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've lifted many electric bikes up stairs and I can tell you that the walk assist is not going to be any help. You'll find that the only sensible way to get that bike up stairs is to lift it clear of the steps, and it's a very heavy bike compared with most.

• Agree
Reactions: danielrlee

Romoletto78

Apr 4, 2019
I've lifted many electric bikes up stairs and I can tell you that the walk assist is not going to be any help. You'll find that the only sensible way to get that bike up stairs is to lift it clear of the steps, and it's a very heavy bike compared with most.

Mmmm....my only other option is to leave the bike outside covered...which is bad...
Thank you very much!

Romoletto78

Apr 4, 2019
I have another question please... I keep asking in the official website but no one reply....
Does it have the possibility to put mudguards and rear rack?
Thanks again

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Hi I m very glad that you are happy with this ebike.
I would like to buy it as well.
Could you tell me if it has the walk mode?
I live in a flat at the first floor and I have problems to bring it upstairs. So I was wondering if the walk mode could help.
Thank you
I found that walk assist does help when going up stairs. :p

Reactions: DavidP

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
And now the easy way. Turn the bike round with the rear wheel facing the stairs, crouch down and hook the front of the seat over your shoulder. Stand up and the bike will drop down at the front thus following the angle of the stairs, and up you go. You can take some of the weight of the machine with one hand and use the other to hang on to the stair rail. You're not actually lifting the bike with you arms nor do you have to push it so the weight isn't too much of a problem. Your legs are taking the strain which for a cyclist is nothing.
Funnily enough I always found coming down steps with a bike far trickier but you can still use the same method though. Seat on your shoulder but the bike pointing down, in other words the same way it went up.
I carried an old steel mtb that weighed a ton up steps for years like that, never once had a problem.

Reactions: LeighPing

Romoletto78

Apr 4, 2019
is there mudguards and rear rack fot this bike? thanks

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Romoletto78,
You may be waiting for some time for Cyclotricity's reply, according to posters on here:
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/cyclotricity.33869/
As vfr400 has mentioned, aftermarket racks and mudguards are generally available, so I suggest that you do your own searches and don't waste further time.
The reported poor customer service may make you wish to reconsider dealing with this company.

• Useful

Romoletto78

Apr 4, 2019
Thank you very much. Exactly, I have been thinking that if I had an issue with the bike and I had to deal with the company., it would be an agony...but I like this bike a lot...