Cytronex Owners (Light Query)

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
Both wires have become detached from my rear light.

Originally, both wires went inside the casing, one became detached so I poked it through the hole in the spade terminal as a temporary measure. It worked OK.

Now the other wire has also become detached i am looking for a better option.

I need the light quite high up the saddle post which means the cable is near it`s limits.

One option is to solder the wires to the spade terminals.
Or get a couple of spades.
Also considering extending the cable to maybe make it less likely it will get knocked. Might try Maplins and see what they suggest as the best way to extend the cable.

Only a minor problem, just wondered whether anyone else has had any problems with it.

Last edited:

Jones175

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Stourbridge, W. Midlands
If you pull the bottom of the light down it reveals two small holes on either side of the lamp body, if you push the bare wires through these holes and then push the bottom of the light back up to hold the wires in place.

Chris_Bike

Pedelecer
May 20, 2008
Birmingham
On my version, the connections are spades and just push onto exterior connectors. I do have a feeling that polarity matters though - I'm sure Mark can confirm.

felix

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2008
My light is also the spade connection type. When I moved it to the rear carrier, I extended the wiring by soldering then shrinkwrapping the joints as Chris described previously. Didn't think about the polarity though, maybe I was lucky with the 50-50 chance.:D

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
If you pull the bottom of the light down it reveals two small holes on either side of the lamp body, if you push the bare wires through these holes and then push the bottom of the light back up to hold the wires in place.
Thanks, I had not to taken the light off and look at it properly. It`s a bit of a strange way to connect but it is now working again.

There are two unused spade connectors, I suspect it`s the same light but can connected in different ways. If the wires keep coming out i will change over to the spade connectors.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark/Cytronex

Pedelecer
May 22, 2008
Winchester
www.no-hills.com
Rear light

Just come across this, the second post is correct. We don't use the spade connectors on the rear light any more, because as mentioned there is a clamp bar at the bottom of the light. I guess the bar was not pushed right into positon and therefore the wires came out. Just make sure the bar is pushed right up flush with the lamp body to clamp tightly shut.

This also provides an easy solution for anyone wishing to extend their cable for a rack. Polarity on the rear light does not matter (but does on the front light and Datalite).

Regards,

Mark