Wanted D5 type Battery or case

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Does anyone have a battery like this for sale. Condition is not important as I could get it recelled. Or do you know who has them for sale. I have tried a couple of places in Germany without any luck. 35021

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Oh snap - steve - but not my mate steve - and he's looking for one of these too, he was quoted £400 by ebikes direct with an order time frame of 8 weeks but we can only assume oxygen said they don't make them any more because ebikes direct el jefe said customer service got it wrong... Was going to ask the same question on here before the outbreak but then forgot - anyhow good luck in finding one.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Thanks for the reply and info anyway. They are a German design i think. NCM use them on their Prague line of e bikes but don't or wont sell separately. German Ebay has them for 230 euros but wont post to UK.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Sounds about right, we are toying with the idea of ripping the controller out and replacing it with a KT system and hailong battery if the need arises. Have you tried the German pedelec forum there might be someone on there willing to sell one and ship it to the UK?

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Thanks for the German forum, i'll have a look. I thought about changing the set up as well but might sell the bike and start again.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
True - My mate spent a lot of cash on getting his bike all fixed up, gears, motor re-spoked and brakes, not mentioning his battery is in fair condition for its age, he mainly wanted a new battery to compete with my spare so we expand our range and venture out to pastures new... but it's not like that'll be happening any time soon, good whether and lock down its sods law... Keep us posted though if you make any tangible progress in your search.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The only place I know is DAS KIT in Germany but they are OEM only afaict.

There were plenty of us who bought the kits some four or five years ago so likely there are some unused ones around, I have two empty cases and the old controller base but am keeping hold of them as I like the style of them and plan one day to reuse them when my Dophins die .

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Thanks Neal, I have tried Das Kit and they say they are out of them but may get them back in a month so look back then. Maybe one will turn up on ebay so just keep my fingers crossed.