Dahon Helios SL electric conversion advice

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
don''t worry about spokes not long / short enough for the amount of dishing you'll need to make the wheel central. We are talking about 2-3mm here.
Just fit the wheel first, use washers to bring the wheel as near to central as you can. Then post another picture of the wheel in the bike for us to see how much more dishing you'll need.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Just loosen every spoke by half a turn on the non drive side and tighten every spoke by half a turn on the drive side - rinse/repeat until the dishing is correct. I doubt you'll run out of spoke threads - it's not that far out.

Sean McGrath

Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2014
I've started the process and it's certainly working but they seem to be varying levels of tightness, which begs the question, why am I doing highly controlled half turns. Would another method not be to tighten the driver side until is...tight and loosen the other side until it is loose and then work backwards? Reinventing the wheel :|

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
don't worry about controlled half turns. It's just an easy way to get the wheel moving in the right direction.
Bring the wheel to the centre line, then bring all the spokes to the same tension. If you do this for the first time, make sure your spokes are tight but not too tight, you can ride a few days then tighten them up a bit more.