Dawes Swift

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
What I saw had a chrome rear mudguard. Don't the B50s have painted ones?
Depends on the model, although I don't think anyone has one with the same parts that it left the factory with. This one has the 21" front wheel so a bit trail/motocross style.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Depends on the model, although I don't think anyone has one with the same parts that it left the factory with. This one has the 21" front wheel so a bit trail/motocross style.
It is 1971 just realised I put 1973

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It is 1971 just realised I put 1973
I always wanted one of them. I had a C15, and a Starfire, then a load of Gold Flashes. Now all I have left apart from modern bikes is an A10 that I built from scratch. It started life as a Gold Flash, but I changed it. It has the aluminium head off a Road Rocket. Chrome RGS type mudguards, Gold Star forks , alloy rims and a rocking horse sh¦t 190mm Gold Star brake in the front wheel. I always liked BSAs because they got the ergonomics just right for me. I must have had about 50 other bikes of every type, but they never felt quite right.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
I always wanted one of them. I had a C15, and a Starfire, then a load of Gold Flashes. Now all I have left apart from modern bikes is an A10 that I built from scratch. It started life as a Gold Flash, but I changed it. It has the aluminium head off a Road Rocket. Chrome RGS type mudguards, Gold Star forks , alloy rims and a rocking horse sh¦t 190mm Gold Star brake in the front wheel. I always liked BSAs because they got the ergonomics just right for me. I must have had about 50 other bikes of every type, but they never felt quite right.
Yes I like BSAs my first bike was a Bantam D14 and have had many different styles of bikes over the years but usually return to singles and twins as I like the character that they have.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Hello, did you have any more ideas on how to test the controller and screen on the Dawes.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I haven't forgotten you. I'm not very well at the moment - presently in hospital having some tests. I'll be in touch soon.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Very sorry to hear that you are unwell, I apologise for the intrusion and hope that you feel better soon.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Very sorry to hear that you are unwell, I apologise for the intrusion and hope that you feel better soon.
It's no intrusion. It's my hobby.

I'm OK, back at home now, but got to go back tomorrow for scans, which should reveal the cause of my problems, then we can concentrate on fixing them.