DBO-7 does anyone have any information or views on this bike

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
Hi does anyone have any views or information on a DBO-7 electric bike I would like to know of any problems or issues with it so I know what to look out for

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Google brings up THIS
I would have concerns about the torsional stiffness of the trailing rear fork. Another search brought up a dreadful depreciation of one on E-bay.

Novel for novel's sake? And for a much "cooler" man than me, are my initial sentiments.

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
Basically I just want to know if anyone has ridden one and what their impressions were

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I haven't ridden one, but I'd say don't waste your time nor money. It's just a weird frame design with standard cheap bicycle components and standard cheap Chinese electrics. It'll ride exactly the same as any Chinese ebike that you can buy on Ebay for less than £1000. If it cost about £700 (new), it would probably be worth a punt, but at $2795, it's ridiculous.

If you're looking at the one on Ebay, It has a direct drive motor, which is not normal for that bike. The spokes don't match the front wheel, so that was probably done by the owner. I doubt that the battery can give the power that that motor needs . I would say that almost certainly, it isn't a 250w motor. Range and hill-climbing will most likely be terrible. When the battery packs up, which probably won't take very long, you'll have a nice trellis for your garden.

If you're going to have a look at it, have a close look at where the motor cable exits the axle. It doesn't look right in the photo. maybe the wheel span out of the drop-outs because I can't see any torque arms fitted and it has a 14mm axle instead of the normal 12mm one.