Dead Battery with Controller

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
I didn't't notice that. Tried again in all 5 Assist modes but nothing. It was working yesterday because I got the 21 & 10 Kms. readings. I will check all wirings & plugs, make sure everything is still connected Ok

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Well, tried it this Morning and Speed also came up.So thought it's my wiring as I had to cut the connectors off as they did not match. I soldered the Wires together and covered them in Duct Tape. The tape has been on there for 4 years so had an awful job getting it off. Pulled wires apart. So have 2 sets of Red, 2 x Black & 2 x White. Connected as you'd think, it does not work. I must Connect B/B, R/W & W/R. I vaguely remember this fro last Time. Works fine but no speed. Tried another Throttle ...same wiring, same result. Other Connections are secure

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did you install a separate speed sensor with a wheel magnet? You're not helping by showing different bikes. One has a bike computer on the handlebars and no LCD3. The other has an LCD3. What's going on. How is it changing?

Last edited:

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Hope you are still with me on this..........It's not going to Sleep, after a bit of Cycling with full Throttle, the Speed comes on. I cannot switch the Battery back on. I connect it to the Charger, as soon as Red Light comes on , disconnect & put on Bike...switches on. So something happens when it is connected to Charger.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The problem is that I can't understand what you're telling me, though it sounds like you have some dodgy wiring.

You still didn't answer my question about whether you have a speed sensor on the wheel. You have a Cyclamatic motor that doesn't have a speed sensor in it, so this is an important question. It's not normal for speed to come and go by itself unless you have a wheel speed sensor that's not properly aligned with the magnet, but if you don't have one, we have to ask where your controller gets the speed from and why it comes and goes.

If I had your bike in front of me, it would be fixed in 5 minutes, but I'm really struggling to understand the facts. Post #14 was very good. I've got the overall picture.

Please answer the question about the speed sensor then answer this one:

Fully charge the battery to 42v. Set the LCD to read battery voltage by short press of the power button a couple of times, then read the voltage and write it down. Lift the wheel off the ground and power the wheel like before while you observe the voltage. Describe what happens to the voltage during your observation.

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Thanks for sticking with it. I have no Speed Sensor that I know of. It came with a PAS but as I remember I could not fit it as It needed the removal of a Pedal Crank & I did not have the Tools so I took it to Halfords. They later told me the PAS was not working. So there is no PAS. To get the Speed to show the Throttle must be active for 10/15 seconds. It's not making the Speed up as it feels about right. I have had a problem since I installed it. Sometimes(Seldom) it would cut out but I would let the Throttle go and then activate it again and all was normal. The wiring hasn't been touched until yesterday.
Have spent time looking at these LCD3s, but cannot see any way to check the Voltage.
These are the only instructions that came with the Battery

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the P4 setting is set to numeric value of Zero.
LCD shows voltage level simply press on/off button once quickly for the display to change.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The tools to remove the cranks are a few pounds so not much excuse not to fit the PAS.