Deal when buying a new bike

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Hello,

I'm buying a new e-bike in the next few weeks.

What is a reasonable discount/extra to ask for that wont insult the bike shop (who have been great).

It's not an Internet only place so I appreciate they have overheads.

Happy to hear from those who have got a little something on their bike and also opinion from those the other side of the counter.

Many thanks,

Kendalian

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2016
Cumbria
Probably depends on the brand - I couldn't get anything off my Orbea anywhere. However I did get 2 years free servicing and a frame security marking kit for free.

Good luck!

Kendalian

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
I got 12% discount off Evans cycles without much effort . However they wouldn’t allow me to do 0% finance over 12 months . I bought the bike but got home to find charger only had European 2 pin plug and no pedals were included .

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
We will be having our sale off a selection of 2017 models including Haibike (20% off) as well as a few demo Riese and Muller models . However we only sell locally, so depends where you are based? Unless you wanted to collect?

Thanks David

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
My folks ran a bike shop for years, bikes created cash flow but parts, repairs and repeat customers created profits. Most bike margins have never been huge

In my experience it can be as much about timing / luck if you want more than 10%. If a shop has what you want and they need to shift it for space / cashflow you can get a bargain. If its a new model then you are better off trying to get bits/servicing - worth good money to you and affordable to the shop - win:win :)

FWIW things like British Cycling membership can get you some discounts
big enough to justify joining for a year