Decathlon ROCKRIDER E-ST500 Electric Mountain Bike General thread

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Can you take another photo of the connector block from the pin side?

And also the mating connector on the bike showing the wiring if you can get to it.

There must be another big blue wire somewhere. I can’t see too clearly, but on you last photo it looks like the blue wire has come away from a pin just above the thin black wire.

Last edited:

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I’m out of ideas now that you have shown the pins on the connector. There are indeed only pins for the yellow and green phases and I have no idea where the blue phase wire is supposed to go.

It needs someone who has worked on this model to take it from here.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I think I understand what we are looking at now. That connector must go to the battery not the motor and the thick Yellow and Green wires are battery supply and the thick Blue wire is unused.

Sorry for misleading you.

Chegwin

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 31, 2023
I think I understand what we are looking at now. That connector must go to the battery not the motor and the thick Yellow and Green wires are battery supply and the thick Blue wire is unused.

Sorry for misleading you.
Thanks for trying anyway. Can I get a different controller and cut/rejoin the wires to the connector plug?
Thanks for your help.
Emailed decathlon, said they'd send my enquiry to the techincal team. But had no response yet, that was about 5 days ago, an decathlon shop is about 40 miles away from me.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
And I could have been mistaken about the thin wires being for the hall sensors. They could be wiring for the display.

The more I see of these manufactured e-bikes, the more I’m convinced that a kit is the better option. They are much easier and cheaper to maintain when things go wrong if you choose the right components.

Last edited: