Decathlon ROCKRIDER E-ST500 Electric Mountain Bike General thread

urgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2020
No sorry guys haven't time for it - just using and enjoying ;)

Ondrej

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2020
Hey there again,

are you sure the LCD cable is 9 pin? Because the LCD itself is 5 pin. Maybe there's a 1to4 type of cable? I'd like to really know, because I would like to try to replace the LCD. And also power a GPS tracker from the controller (maybe the lights connector? But then it wouldn't be powered when off...).

Kavicsd4k

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2021
tud nekem valaki segíteni? Van egy 500e -es folyópartom, és szeretném kicserélni a kereket 27,5 -ről 24 -re43509

Boab

Mar 9, 2023
HI and thanks for this thread. Daft question to start but I've just bought this bike. Should there be a key for the battery. I don't seem to have one and can't find a basic 'what is in the box' to check. Thanks

Last edited:

Ondrej

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2020
HI and thanks for this thread. Daft question to start but I've just bought this bike. Should there be a key for the battery. I don't seem to have one and can't find a basic 'what is in the box' to check. Thanks
Hello, my keys were attached to handlebars.

Boab

Mar 9, 2023
Hello, my keys were attached to handlebars.
Thanks so much. I had another search around the bike and they were wired above the rear wheel! Couldn't work out why they weren't in the box with the battery ‍♂

TopEParts

Jul 11, 2022
China

Chegwin

Mar 31, 2023
Hi, anybody got any ideas on my problem?
Had bike a couple years now, only used to go shops really. It all failed last week, no assistance. Works in walking mode, so I'm thinking it's not the motor. Someone else suggested the controller, which I've taken out, but carnt see any obvious fault with it, although it's sealed with sealant by looks of it. Looked on decathlon an carnt seem to see the same controller on there. It's in a aluminum case. If anyone thinks it might be this part do you know where I an get one. Or is there some kind of sensor on it for it to no when to kick in? Thanks.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Ooh, I think you will have trouble finding a replacement on eBay. It could be a DU B250 in a different case made specifically for OEMs like Decathlon.

If it works OK in walking mode you could have a problem with the pedal assist sensor and the controller could be ok.

Although your photograph shows the blue phase wire has been cut. Did you cut it to remove the controller?

Last edited:

Chegwin

Mar 31, 2023
Ooh, I think you will have trouble finding a replacement on eBay. It could be a DU B250 in a different case made specifically for OEMs like Decathlon.

If it works OK in walking mode you could have a problem with the pedal assist sensor and the controller could be ok.

Although your photograph shows the blue phase wire has been cut. Did you cut it to remove the controller?
No, I didn't cut any wires. Just unscrewed the connections. It was how you see it. You think the sensor then.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
In this photograph the thick blue phase wire is not connected, so the motor won’t run. The thin white wire is for the speed or temperature sensor which may not be needed.

A6FE592A-E63D-4026-ABEA-9DDDE4FB2AAA.jpeg

Last edited:

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
In that case the blue wire either became disconnected when you removed the controller or it fell off due to a dry joint.

That could have been your original problem. The Blue wire needs to be resoldered and then connect it all back up to see if the motor runs.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
So the photograph shows:

Thin red = +5v for hall sensors
Thin black = GND for hall sensors
Thin yellow = hall sensor for yellow phase
Thin blue = hall sensor for blue phase
Thin green = hall sensor for green phase
Thin white = speed or temperature sensor, probably not needed

Thick yellow = Yellow phase motor winding
Thick blue = Blue phase motor winding