Decisions, decisions.

paul d

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2009
I felt that I had to register and post having read some recent threads,hoping to help anyone thinking of buying their first electric bike and who are baffled by their variation. I first came across electric bikes a couple of years ago whilst on holiday. The bike I tried was a Sparta Ion and I thought it superb. Recently I talked my wife (a non-driver and non-rider) into trying one and once again, on holiday ,tried the Sparta, she loved it, but the price had shot up and there were some aspects of it I was not happy about (the need for the dealer to replace the battery, reset the rear wheel after removal etc.) So I started looking into other models and found electric bikes the most complex and confusing purchase I have ever made! We tried many bikes but none even came close to the Sparta for comfort and quality. Then having seen A to B magazine website decided to try their five star recommendation and, thank heaven , finally found what we were looking for at Onbike. I still tried some of their other machines but again felt that they didn't come close to the E-motion. We're very happy with our purchase (I think it gets better every time I ride it) and hope that with persistance everyone can find their ideal bike.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I agree it is a very difficult decision to make. We all seem to have different requirements, fitness levels, tastes, heights, financial options and terrains to deal with. I'm glad you made such a good purchase. They do look to be very good bikes though I've not tried one.

I sometimes wonder what replacement e-bike I'd get now if I had to. I just know that eventually I'd be straight down to Winchester to the last place I bought one from. I think it'd probably be much the same again, please, for many of us. :)

Oh and welcome to the site. BTW Which model did you get?

Last edited:

paul d

Just Joined
Oct 22, 2009
My wife is rather stiff of joint so we went for the 750 city de luxe step through.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Dare I say it - I'm stiff of joint myself and have trouble getting my leg over. :D

All the best :)

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Well iam the proud owner of a brand new pro connect:D which i rode to work tonight 14 miles southampton to winchester. First impressions WoW what a stunner very sleek and the ride i couldnt be more happy:) a very smooth ride no rattles no rubbing a class act PS now all i need are some saddle muscles. nigel.;)

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Congratulations Nigel - Good to know that you got there in the end. I was wondering how long it would be before you got your ProConnect when we picked up your old Agattu earlier in the year. Did you go for the S-Class in the end?

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Thanks fecn
no i went for the basic pro connect which i am very happy with for now:D Nigel.:)

Phil [OnBike]

Pedelecer
May 21, 2009
E-motion

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you are happy with your E-motion and found what you were looking for :)

If you have any questions or need any assitance, you know where we are!

Best wishes