Delimit Carrera Crossfire E

Steven usher

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2017
The hills of devon and somerset
Hi Ladies/Gents, I appreciate there is another popular thread that covers the subject to an extent, but it doesn't solve the issue definitively, and has been dead for a while now, so i wanted to start up a new thread and get the latest info on the subject...

Can you delimit the Carrera Crossfire E!?

I've had mine for 3 months, I'm coming up to 1000 miles and i really enjoy it, but I would dearly love to be able to cruise at a more potent 20-25mph, 15.5mph is just a little too slow, and the bike itself is too heavy to peddle any faster without gravity or wind assistance!

If anyone has managed to crack this conundrum then please share :)

FYI, yes I am aware of the legal ramifications, I'm looking for solutions to the question, not for legal advice. Thank you :)

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
Hi Ladies/Gents, I appreciate there is another popular thread that covers the subject to an extent, but it doesn't solve the issue definitively, and has been dead for a while now, so i wanted to start up a new thread and get the latest info on the subject...

Can you delimit the Carrera Crossfire E!?

I've had mine for 3 months, I'm coming up to 1000 miles and i really enjoy it, but I would dearly love to be able to cruise at a more potent 20-25mph, 15.5mph is just a little too slow, and the bike itself is too heavy to peddle any faster without gravity or wind assistance!

If anyone has managed to crack this conundrum then please share :)

FYI, yes I am aware of the legal ramifications, I'm looking for solutions to the question, not for legal advice. Thank you :)
You can delimit, but your warranty will be invalid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Steven usher

Apr 25, 2017

I'm perfectly happy to forfeit my warranty, do you have any specific info on how it can be carried out? I've been told its a mixture of software and hardware, and the battery manufacturer has told me directly that its impossible, but then I suppose they would!

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

People keep coming on here asking the same question, but nobody that owns one has made any contribution to furthering the knowledge base. Until we see which motor connector you have. what the motor controller looks like or which LCD key combinations have already been tried, we can't help.

Steven usher

Apr 25, 2017
People keep coming on here asking the same question, but nobody that owns one has made any contribution to furthering the knowledge base. Until we see which motor connector you have. what the motor controller looks like or which LCD key combinations have already been tried, we can't help.
I think, with respect, people that already own one and are asking the question, are, like me, asking for assistance from someone who has already successfully delimited their own, and therefore will be aware of the motor/battery set-up.

Assuming that no one has managed this yet, I'll get some pics up of the various components so that anyone with a technical mind could better advise...I'll get these up shortly....

Steven usher

Apr 25, 2017
IMG_20170425_114550.jpg IMG_20170425_114604.jpg IMG_20170425_114634.jpg IMG_20170425_114644.jpg

In order we have:
1; The LCD display. Only an On/Off button on here.
2: The controller. This has +/- buttons to toggle assist mode, a button to apply a small peddless assist for walking with the bike, and a screen brightness button.
3: A very muddy motor hub!
4: This is the connection from the controller to the motor to disconnect when removing the rear wheel.

There are no other notable exterior components. Anything that registers the rotations to determine speed must be self-contained within the motor hub itself.

In terms of key combinations, the only one I am aware of + and - to reset trip distance.

Thanks in advance.

• Useful

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
The controller is likely in the base of the battery.
There are other key combinations (scattered through various threads on here), but nothing that seemed to enable limits to be removed or wheel size to change.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

OK, so we're one step further forward. I can see that the motor connector is not a common one. That doesn't rule out using a different controller, but makes it more difficult because there would be 9 additional wires to solder. That wouldn't be a problem to anybody that knows about wiring/soldering, but it does make it difficult to test the motor speed by powering it with the cable from another bike. Derestriction would be futile if it's a 180 rpm motor.

Another good connector to look at would be the one that connects the display to the controller to see if it's a standard one. You need to pull it apart and photograph the pin arrangement. the system has to be programmed somehow- either through that connector or there must be a programming header on the controller. It would be fortunate if the Bafang or similar programming leads worked with the Suntour system. I think that there's a fair chance that it could work even if that means adaptor cables.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

The question being asked is how ?
You say you can delimit it have you tried or is it just a mere sweeping statement, if the latter then your post is useless.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As mentioned know one who owns one has actually come on here and said you have do this or that.
As d8veh has said if hub rpm was known that would be a start. Opening the controller to see the wiring may give a clue, is there a potentiometer attached to any wiring ?
I have 2 KT controllers which have a speed link, disconnect the wire link and you get 30% more speed.
Also has anyone tried the lcd switch buttons, toggling the buttons can some times enter into advanced settings. They all operate a bit different, a long press 10secs or so of 1 button or a combo of 2 can allow entry in to advanced settings.
Or this set up may just be programmed not to allow any tinkering, is there a data cable tucked away at the controller
end. Until someone is brave enough to delve deeper then the owners on here will never know.

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
The question being asked is how ?
You say you can delimit it have you tried or is it just a mere sweeping statement, if the latter then your post is useless.
Actually clever clogs he said 'can' it be delimited. I was merely stating a fact.

I have a crossfire and see no reason to delimit. as I can cruise happily above the 15.5 mph. After 3 months of owning the bike, I would not jeapdise the warranty,

I believe the deresrictions are done via the computer, but I won't messing or suggesting until my warranty is up.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The fish are biting again today :D.
Merely stating a fact that it can be delimited !!!!
Which as of yet no one who has one has come on here and said they have actually done it.

• Agree

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
I'm hungry.... the thing is with these bikes from what I know, is that you have a 2 year warranty on the motor and battery. If you derestrict the bike and something happens to one of the above then you are out of pocket to the tune of £350 each item.

I don't believe this bike has been on sale for 2 years as yet, and the recent upgrades on the relaunch model is only 5 months old. So de-restricting the bike is a bit premature in my opinion.

The motor is capable of 400+ watts, but limited to 250.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
1 dealer will sell bikes with dongles and honer the 2 year warranty.;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The motor is capable of 400+ watts, but limited to 250.
Your hub is probably already giving more then 400w power, if you have a 15a controller @ 36v power output will be over 500w on full power. The 250w continuous rating is only to comply with the law and eapc regs other wise your controller would only be max rated for 7amps and wouldn't get you up a large speed hump.
There is no harm having a go at derestricting to see if it is possible just to find the settings or process, then put it back to stock settings for piece of mind.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SW is talking about ebike shop who sell dongled Bosch and Yamaha bikes.

Advertisers