Help! Delivery options ebike

Tredegar

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2013
Hello all, looking to post back a 80kg ebike for repair (in UK to UK). I've seen a few posts recommending postal delivery companies like tuffnels but looking closely ebikes are not covered.

Anybody got any companies I can contact please. Starting to panic :-(

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
80kg for an ebike is a tank.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hello all, looking to post back a 80kg ebike for repair (in UK to UK). I've seen a few posts recommending postal delivery companies like tuffnels but looking closely ebikes are not covered.

Anybody got any companies I can contact please. Starting to panic :-(
When you have something like that, it's almost impossible to send from your home as they need a lifting device to get it on the truck and it would need to be on an approved pallet of some sort. The best way to send it is to find a friendly small business that despatches items of similar weight or heavier and bribe them to send it, bearing in mind that they can probably claim the VAT back. Obviously, that's easy if you already have a relationship with such a business, otherwise you have to go and start making friends.

Tredegar

May 19, 2013
Thank you all for your input. Now you mention it 80kg is like a fridge! I weighed myself on the same scales and it takes me I was just under 50 stone, so the scales were 38 stone off, lol.

Tried an accurate scales, and it's 22kg without battery, and 28kg with.

With this new (correct) weight of 28kg, any ideas of who to ship it with please :)

Reactions: Spiffy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need to visit a bike retailer and ask for a large carton so you can place the bike in with lots of padding. May be also remove the pedals and turn handles bars 90 degrees so it fits better.

trialframe1

Jun 6, 2020
I used a company called Proovia to deliver 2 electric bikes recently. You don't need to package them (they wrap them in blankets). Cost was around £100 for the one from Wrexham to Weymouth Dorset. They were efficient and reliable