Deristrict

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
Hi, had my oxygen go 4 years now and still going with a couple of new bits, new display n controller with my old display I could derestrict the bike, with this new controller and small display I can’t.
Has anyone found out how to do this yet.
many thanks.
Brian

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi, had my oxygen go 4 years now and still going with a couple of new bits, new display n controller with my old display I could derestrict the bike, with this new controller and small display I can’t.
Has anyone found out how to do this yet.
many thanks.
Brian
If only you had asked before getting that new controller and display, you could have got a much better controller that I bet is cheaper and does what you want.

The only thing I can suggest, without buying a new controller, is to try the old LCD with the new controller. Why did you have to replace it? They don't normally go wrong.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
If only you had asked before getting that new controller and display, you could have got a much better controller that I bet is cheaper and does what you want.

The only thing I can suggest, without buying a new controller, is to try the old LCD with the new controller. Why did you have to replace it? They don't normally go wrong.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
Thanks for your reply. I had an error message on the display and as the bike was under guarantee informed the dealer.
They then put a new hub motor on, new controller, new display. I have tried the old display doesn’t changed speed.
Anyway not to worry bike works fine.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for your reply. I had an error message on the display and as the bike was under guarantee informed the dealer.
They then put a new hub motor on, new controller, new display. I have tried the old display doesn’t changed speed.
Anyway not to worry bike works fine.
If it packs up again, we recommend a KT controller. I think a 17A one should fit (always check the size). It has a nicer control system and would give a bit more power. Also, they're dual voltage, so when the battery goes, you can change it for a 48v one to get more power, speed and torque.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
If it packs up again, we recommend a KT controller. I think a 17A one should fit (always check the size). It has a nicer control system and would give a bit more power. Also, they're dual voltage, so when the battery goes, you can change it for a 48v one to get more power, speed and torque.
Thanks very much appreciated, will keep that in mind.