Help! Desperate to buy!

Coademo

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Hi there.
I’m trying to buy an ebike for the first time. I’m an older person who hasn’t ridden a bike for over 20 years. I live in a very hilly area. Looking at the Btwin 900 step through, Juicy. I’d prefer a lighter bike as I’m not terribly strong. Am currently having difficulty buying anything on line. Out of stock (cycle republic), ‘try again tomorrow’ (Decathalon) or very long delivery dates. I can’t click and collect in current circumstances and because my car is a Vw beetle, so too small to fit a made up bike. Any advice would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
after an unprecedentedly busy week, I've run out of a few models.
Only a few Ramblettas left.

Next arrival of Rambla: June
Next arrival of Santana3: end of July
Next arrival of Camino: end of July
Next arrival of Rambletta: end of July
Next arrival of Big Bear Plus: August

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Tony

Reactions: Coademo

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The 20" ebikes are much easier to handle than the full size wheel ones and they are easier to ride.

Such an ebike is an ideal, I would say only, choice for the OP.

This leads to one bike only given the budget and current availability of ebikes - a Woosh Rambletta.

Apart from anything else, it's an excellent low entry design with no crappy suspension fork.

Throttle control which would be handy for the weaker rider, and I even like the look of the semi-smooth welding.

@Coademo, get one before it sells out, as it inevitably will.

Coademo

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2020
after an unprecedentedly busy week, I've run out of a few models.
Only a few Ramblettas left.

Next arrival of Rambla: June
Next arrival of Santana3: end of July
Next arrival of Camino: end of July
Next arrival of Rambletta: end of July
Next arrival of Big Bear Plus: August

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Tony
Thanks, but I don't want a folding bike. I'll keep an eye on your site if I haven't found what Im looking for by then.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I’d prefer a lighter bike as I’m not terribly strong.
How tall are you?
I you want a step through bike:

if you are under 5ft10, the Woosh Santana3 is my recommendation.

or Santana CD:

Over 5ft10, the Crusa is a good alternative.

If you want a crossbar bike:

I have in stock the crank drive Krieger:

and rear hub Rio MTB:

None of them are as heavy as the Woosh Big Bears.

The Santana CD and Krieger are crank drives, good for very steep hills but you need to constantly select the right gear.
The Santana3 and Rio MTB are for lazy riders, you pedal as little as you like, the motor is so good that you can ride uphill without pedaling.
The Crusa is a big bike, much for suited for flatish roads.

Reactions: Poolepete

Coademo

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2020
How tall are you?
I you want a step through bike:

if you are under 5ft10, the Woosh Santana3 is my recommendation.

or Santana CD:

Over 5ft10, the Crusa is a good alternative.

If you want a crossbar bike:

I have in stock the crank drive Krieger:

and rear hub Rio MTB:

None of them are as heavy as the Woosh Big Bears.

The Santana CD and Krieger are crank drives, good for very steep hills but you need to constantly select the right gear.
The Santana3 and Rio MTB are for lazy riders, you pedal as little as you like, the motor is so good that you can ride uphill without pedaling.
The Crusa is a big bike, much for suited for flatish roads.
Thanks for all the info. I’ve looked at the bikes and they look good. I’m 5ft 4 and a bit, with 29inch inside leg. Weight 69kg. Where I live there are some very steep hills. Look up Saltburn bank. Average 17% and the worst bit is 25%. As I said in my post, I’m not strong of arm, so I was looking for a lighter bike. Most of yours seem about 24kg. What do you actually have in stock?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have all the bikes I mentioned above in stock.
I think you'd like the Santana CD.
It suits your height.
It has strong crank motor, 9-speed Deore gears with gearshift detection and can climb quite steep hills on throttle.
Give Hatti a call. She is roughly your height.

25% is too much for legal e-bikes though.

Last edited:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi there.
I’m trying to buy an ebike for the first time. I’m an older person who hasn’t ridden a bike for over 20 years. I live in a very hilly area. Looking at the Btwin 900 step through, Juicy. I’d prefer a lighter bike as I’m not terribly strong. Am currently having difficulty buying anything on line. Out of stock (cycle republic), ‘try again tomorrow’ (Decathalon) or very long delivery dates. I can’t click and collect in current circumstances and because my car is a Vw beetle, so too small to fit a made up bike. Any advice would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.
You really shouldn't buy anything before trying first. I know lock down is difficult but returning an unsuitable bike will be the mustard on the cake, so to speak.
Most bike shops are open with sensible restrictions.
We have closed to the public but have many stockists.
And fresh stock in 2 weeks, though there is shipping congestion at both Porto and Liverpool.