Digital display

Dctyke

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2014
my wife's French made easybike has a Chinese six speed display. Looks like most others with four buttons down the l/h side with power, speed, assistance setting etc. The four buttons are getting sticky very hard to work. Can I get a replacement and would a five speed work as most I've seen on bike seem to be five? Advice would be appreciated, can supply a pic if needed. Thanks. Ps tried easybike but no help.

D

Deleted member 4366

We need to see a picture of it to identify who makes it.

Dctyke

Aug 9, 2014
Mine is a barrel connector like the one in the pic, I believe it's five pin (need to check) however it's all irrelevant if I cannot find someone who has them to ask the the questions.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any LCD as long as it uses the same communication protocol. Can you show a picture of the label on the controller, which might help us identify the maker?

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK
You can use any LCD as long as it uses the same communication protocol. Can you show a picture of the label on the controller, which might help us identify the maker?
I
We need to see a picture of it to identify who makes it.
Hi like member Dctyke I also need to replace the LCD unit. It is on a bike supplied by Green Zebra. (WHO NO LONGER TRADE!!!)
CAN I PLACE A PICTURE OF THE UNIT ONTO THIS FORUM? If so how??

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK
Hi d8veh. You mention "communication protocol" WOULD THIS BE THE COLOUR CODING OF THE CABLES, & THERE RESPECTIVE CONNECTION/USAGE?
Does anyone know what these may be.
Thereby it may be possible to exchange one manufacturers plug for another which fits the bike harness.

D

Deleted member 4366

Put a picture of it and the label on the controller. hopefully we can recognise it.

communication protocol means the software. Both the controller and LCD have theoir own microprocessors inside that communicate with each other. As well as the right data protocols, they have to be programme d to dend the right instructions and be able to process them, e.g. the LCD might have 6 levels of assist and the controller only 5, so it doesn't know what to do when you send it level 6.

Fortunately LCDs from the same manufacturer often work with the same controller and vice versa.

if all else fails, you can get a controller and LCD for £40, which is certain to work, though you normally need to change one or two connectors.

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK
Put a picture of it and the label on the controller. hopefully we can recognise it.

communication protocol means the software. Both the controller and LCD have theoir own microprocessors inside that communicate with each other. As well as the right data protocols, they have to be programme d to dend the right instructions and be able to process them, e.g. the LCD might have 6 levels of assist and the controller only 5, so it doesn't know what to do when you send it level 6.

Fortunately LCDs from the same manufacturer often work with the same controller and vice versa.

if all else fails, you can get a controller and LCD for £40, which is certain to work, though you normally need to change one or two connectors.

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK
Thanks for your reply. As you can see I am new to this forum thing. I am not sure how to post photos on to it. But will try!
As a last resort you mention changing both controller and led. I have no problem with changing the plugs or leads providing I can be sure of correct connection.
Are the cables to the motors always the same colours20170224_131822-1.jpg

BIG Dave

Feb 23, 2017
Derbyshire UK

I believe one can only add 1 file per reply. This is photo of front of LCD which appears the same as the one posted earlier in this forum. Sadly the rubber covers for the buttons become hard and cracked as metioned earlier. Water ingress then dsmages the unit.