Dillenger 1000w 48v rear wheel, battery, complete kit

Will

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2014
Surrey / West Sussex, UK
Complete kit including 26 inch rear wheel, controller, 48V lithium battery pack, rack, throttle speedometer/odo/charge indicator (with night illumination) plus pedal sensor, and a few other bits and bobs.

I had it installed in a mountain bike for a bit, did less than 200 miles on it because I bought an electric car. I have taken the bits back off the bike and put them back in the original box they came in.
I paid about 700 for this kit, selling for £425

Being 1000W this is not legal for road use, I was able to do 23mph without pedalling, so bit of a giveaway. Good fun on private land of course.

I had the battery mounted on the back of the bike which made it very unbalanced, I would highly recommend putting the battery in the frame or at the front somewhere for better handling.

Collection from Sussex/Surrey RH19 . Could investigate courier options. I will try to get a pic of the stuff tomorrow.

Steven usher

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2017
The hills of devon and somerset
Hi Will,

Was this relatively easy to fit to your mountain bike? And what was the range between charges? I'm looking at options for a 12 mile commute from train station to home, over a few hills in the devon landscape! Would be willing to buy this if its easy to install onto a cheapish standard mountain bike from halfords.

Cheers
Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

There's no point in buying a new bike from Halfords because there'll be no warranty after you fit a motor kit. Much better to buy a cheapo one from Ebay or Facebook ads. Should be about £30. Try and get one with a steel frame and disc brakes.