Disc Brake Pads Wanted ??

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I have an electric bicycle that requires some replacement disc brake pads.

I'm not sure of the manufacturer of this bike, as I purchased this through Ebay some 12 months ago, but I can tell you that it is very similar to a Wisper mountain bike.

I cannot find any part numbers for these, but the caliper is Zoom and numbered: R0160.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
I've done a quick search for replacement pads, I had no more luck than previous searches. The problem with these brands is only complete assemblies are manufactured in great numbers, few if any replacement consumables are made. Once the batch run is completed the brand name just disappears. Another example, is trying to find replacement wheel bearing cones for Joytech and Quando front hubs, they are simply unavailable. When enquiring with the E-bike supplier they always give the same reply, they are not E-bike specific, so they do not stock them.

By all means continue searching, but sooner or later you may have to consider replacing the caliper assemblies. If you are happy with the machine, and would like to prolong it's life, I suggest you replace the calipers with Avid BB 7's. They will cost you between £40 to £60 each and come complete with a new rotor and all fittings. I realise this is expensive, but you would be confident that replacement pads will be available for many years.

The 160mm version is perfectly alright for normal cycling use and would be a direct replacement fit. If you decide on the larger 230mm version you would need adapter brackets, these are supplied with the kit. The BB7's are very easy to fit, the three axis adjustment means no shims are required to get a perfect alignment. They are very powerful brakes.

As a matter of interest, Zoom, Jac and probably others are clones of the Avid BB7

I hope this may help
All the best
Bob

Edit: Blimey, prices have gone up a bit! The cheapest I could find Click here

Last edited:

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Thanks for your advice.

Have been trawling through various web sites and have managed to find some new complete Zoom R0140's on Ebay, but I'm not 100% sure these will do the job?

Will look into it more when I have time.