Discontinued Battery

Derry Smith

Just Joined
Sep 27, 2014
Would appreciate advice. I have a bike called a Hopper Urban which is essentially a rebadged Viking Harrier. The LI-ion battery has gone to sleep and replacement batteries that fit the holder seem unobtainable. Can I just buy another battery complete with case and just rewire and remount it on the pannier so long as it is the same voltage/amps (24v/ 9 amp)or are there other parameters involved, thnx in adavance

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Would appreciate advice. I have a bike called a Hopper Urban which is essentially a rebadged Viking Harrier. The LI-ion battery has gone to sleep and replacement batteries that fit the holder seem unobtainable. Can I just buy another battery complete with case and just rewire and remount it on the pannier so long as it is the same voltage/amps (24v/ 9 amp)or are there other parameters involved, thnx in adavance
You could drop Jimmy at http://www.bga-reworking.co.uk a line, as he may be able to recell your existing battery pack.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Derry the simple answer is yes 24v and any Ah you wish.
Theoretically a 36v battery could be used but you would need to know other factors for this to work.
For a new battery to work all you need to do is check the wire polarity before connecting up.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 24v battery you want. There's a little compatment at the front of yours that houses the controller, so you should look for similar, or you can house the controller in a little tool bag between the battery and the seat-post.

If you understand basic wiring, it might be worth going up to 36v and changing the controller to one with a better control system. That would give you: 50% more maximum power; 50% more maximum speed (programmable); softer, more controllable starting; speed and distance display; more range; more choice of pedal assist levels; and better power control. This kit has everything you need. I used one to convert a 24v Schwinn Tailwind to 36v.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/771-36v125ah-case-02-18650-battery-pack-battery.html

Alternatively, you can call Jimmy (Insat/BGA Reworking). He'll collect your battery and return it better than it was when new for about £200.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Alternatively, you can call Jimmy (Insat/BGA Reworking). He'll collect your battery and return it better than it was when new for about £200.
Likely to be 250 - 280 in my view but you need to speak to him first, using Panasonic GA cells he would be able to increase your battery by 40% to 13.8ah or 21% to 12ah using Samsung 30Q's.

D

Deleted member 4366

Likely to be 250 - 280 in my view but you need to speak to him first, using Panasonic GA cells he would be able to increase your battery by 40% to 13.8ah or 21% to 12ah using Samsung 30Q's.
That's for a 36v one. Op's is only 24v, so should be much cheaper.

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Is it one of these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282485052764

Regards Mark

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
You could try contacting Halfords as they stock the coyote connect, another version of your bike. Or go straight to the importer for viking/coyote- Avocet cycles on 0161 727 8508.