Do bike thief scum steal displays?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33385
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33385

I haven't had cause to leave my bike locked up in a public space yet, but I'm wondering if in addition to using a long D lock, a long thick cable through both wheels, and removing the battery... if I should also remove the display? It's a pain to remove - undone using one of two pairs of tiny fiddly screws, then unplugging, which might add wear and tear to the connector. How likely is it that my display would be stolen by scummy bike thieves, after they fail to defeat my D lock? Come to think of it - the motor could be detached too, if they had time and all the tools lol.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Unlikely, it's the whole bike they're after. Luckily, yours is a pain to remove and isn't just a clip in display.

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Unlikely, it's the whole bike they're after. Luckily, yours is a pain to remove and isn't just a clip in display.
Thank you, that's good food for thought. If it's a particularly thick scummy bike thief, he might think the display is some sort of phone... but it has a lock code (assuming the code is stored on the C18 display, and not on some controller chip downwire), and would be pointless to steal. There's no way that I know, to unlock the display. Let's hope I don't get a really dim scummy bike thief...

Last edited: