Do they make removable water bottle cages?

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
If I mount the cage to my Focus Planet 2 I can't get the battery out. I don't understand what they expected folks to do.

Are there cages that attach to a mounted bracket and can be easily removed? I've looked around but don't see any. Here's a photo showing where the the cage mounts.

Many thanks.

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
I use on of these which straps on using a silicone strap. The case is screwed onto the strap but it can be fitted sideways to allow the battery to be lifted on/off. My bike doesn't have accessory screws.

That would work but I could just loosen the screws on the one I have now to remove the cage. I'm looking for something quick and easy.

I guess I could use your setup and just put it somewhere else.

Thanks.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I use on of these which straps on using a silicone strap. The case is screwed onto the strap but it can be fitted sideways to allow the battery to be lifted on/off. My bike doesn't have accessory screws.

How much o_O
I made a few of these a while ago for some of my cycling buddies, the bits cost less than a fiver per unit. They fit nicely on the top tube for easy use while riding.
2420CA63-DFDF-431E-A744-7F35895C675E.jpeg

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
How much o_O
I made a few of these a while ago for some of my cycling buddies, the bits cost less than a fiver per unit. They fit nicely on the top tube for easy use while riding.
View attachment 43795
Pretty clever.

I decided to go with the Fidlock Twist Bottle. Folks love them and they eliminate the cage. Not cheap though.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
The certainly do make removable water bottle cages as I've just removed one from my Wisper 705 Torque that the previous owner had fitted. I found it annoying on a step through bike to catch my foot on the cage when stepping through.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On my touring bike, I have a water bottle bracket that attaches to the head set stem.

p.s
Bracket should read clamp.

Last edited: