E-Bike Club on Strava KOM

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Joined the ebike club, but slight downside is that private rides are obviously not listed so made my weeks rides public and changed to ebike ride..
I found myself with a KOM so thought I had missed one and accidentally stole some sweaty bikers hard earned achievement, but no.. It was an ebike segment!!
Just shows it can work without upsetting the rank and file..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just as an update. I have just made a couple of ebike specific segments on strava. This was easy if a bit fiddly to do and I would encourage others to give it a try. If the strava moderators see more of this they may be more inclined to give us the default setting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Artstu

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Joined the ebike club, but slight downside is that private rides are obviously not listed so made my weeks rides public and changed to ebike ride..
I found myself with a KOM so thought I had missed one and accidentally stole some sweaty bikers hard earned achievement, but no.. It was an ebike segment!!
Just shows it can work without upsetting the rank and file..
Glad you found one, I made a few just for you ;)

ETA It may not be one I created, I can't see it.

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Are you able to send me a link to that particular ride?
I could but I did 3 rides whilst there, it was a flying visit and I had no way of charging the batteries.
I checked my created segments but couldn't see you, and couldn't see it on your profile either. Is the ride public?

What was the segment called? then I'll know if I created it.

Last edited:

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Yes, I joined today as well. My KOM's up to now have all been downhill, on my Orange, but that may change. Noticed that there are no e-bike segments around Delamere, so will try to copy some of the more popular ones with an "e" prefix. That will need an evening in with nothing to do, a rarity I'm afraid!
Mark

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I could but I did 3 rides whilst there, it was a flying visit and I had no way of charging the batteries.
I checked my created segments but couldn't see you, and couldn't see it on your profile either. Is the ride public?

What was the segment called? then I'll know if I created it.
No it wasn't you as his name is on his profile..
I have added a message to sort of say hello from a fellow ebiker

• Informative

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes, I joined today as well. My KOM's up to now have all been downhill, on my Orange, but that may change. Noticed that there are no e-bike segments around Delamere, so will try to copy some of the more popular ones with an "e" prefix. That will need an evening in with nothing to do, a rarity I'm afraid!
Mark
I didn't know you could copy them to another activity.. how does that work?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I didn't know you could copy them to another activity.. how does that work?
Replicating a normal segment as an e-bike segment from a ride you've got listed as e-bike. there's no simple short cut to copy them over if that's what you're thinking?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Replicating a normal segment as an e-bike segment from a ride you've got listed as e-bike. there's no simple short cut to copy them over if that's what you're thinking?
Bummer!! TBH i dont look at the strava segments and achievements as I only really use it for the mileage stats on different bikes..

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Bummer!! TBH i dont look at the strava segments and achievements as I only really use it for the mileage stats on different bikes..
Me neither given 99% of my cycling is e-biking.

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
That's it. Tedious, which is why so far I've only done 2. There are hundreds in the forest.
Off to ride some of them now!
Mark

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
That's it. Tedious, which is why so far I've only done 2. There are hundreds in the forest.
Off to ride some of them now!
Mark
Also unlike normal segments once you've created your new e-bike segment it will only pick up rides done after then. It won't go back through the database looking for any any rides already done.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Another thing I am looking at is Strava auto segment creator when it detects certain category climbs it creates a segment but
Because the ride can't be recorded as an ebike ride and has to be edited to one any auto segments are deleted.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Welcome to the club folks..
We are up to 51 members now.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
sounds cool, but I don't understand one thing, how can you create ebike specific segments?

I wish every bike in your profile at Strava could be set as bike type, so when you chose a bike for a ride, a certain ride type is chosen by default. Eg, "ebike ride" when you chose your Haibike or something.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
sounds cool, but I don't understand one thing, how can you create ebike specific segments?

I wish every bike in your profile at Strava could be set as bike type, so when you chose a bike for a ride, a certain ride type is chosen by default. Eg, "ebike ride" when you chose your Haibike or something.
To create a segment change the ride to ebike ride and click the create segment button at the bottom and follow the instructions.
There are start and stop sliders at the top to decide which bits you want to use...
You will soon get the hang of it..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
https://www.strava.com/segments/13554805

Ebike segment created tonight I have now have an ebike KOM for now.
3 KOM's now so not upsetting the lycra/pedal only riders, would be good eventually to have ebike segments for all routes.

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A final note on ebike segments. With the default setting being private I viewed my created segments to find 3 were still private. To check this go to activities/ my segments/created segments and any private segments will have a padlock. To change .. it's actions/ make public.