daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

rooel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Ananda kit from Slovakia

I have had a look at the Ananda kit and motor site, and think the undernoted would suit my purpose:

Front wheel brushless hub motor EF10824D20:
rated power and speed - 250W, 270 RPM, torque 35Nm
108 mm diameter, for 100mm hub designed front fork
suitable for 20"(24") wheel with disc brake
double planetary gear transmission, freewheel
36 holes for 2 mm spokes
axis 12x155mm(M12x1,25), weight 2,5 kg, cable length 1,8 m ]​

However I use rim brakes and do not see this motor/kit listed for rim rather than disc brakes. Is it the case however that the kit could be fitted to a rim brake front wheel, with the disc simply discarded, or is the motor casing/axle itself modified in some way which would make this impossible? I have never had any experience of disc brakes.

Although these kits come from China, as they are delivered to the UK from Slovakia, the carriage charge is reasonable, and as Slovakia is in the EU there should be no additional VAT, or import duties to add to the price.

Leesome

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 8, 2010
Found this site a touch late. Have two conhis motor hubs of 36v 750w & 48v 1000w and thinking of 48v 250w unit.

The 36v 750w is a dream, fitted on a folder 20" wheel, at full throttle on lifepo4 20ah round cell travel over thirty miles! Climb very steep inclines no problem without pedal. Whoever goes on about geared hubs has never used brushless, they are uncomplicated and less trouble; less moving parts.

48v 1000w is also superb, used in the snow, went through puddles, heavy almost freezing rain all 26" wheel using 48v 40ah lifepo4 round cell of yet never exhausted, at least 50 miles on full throttle. BMS cuts out at 48v and added a bypass so should see 60-70 miles.

They also sell a rear brake attachment, looking into fitting a scooter brake using the metal work conhis supply: at 30+ miles an hour bicycle brakes!!!!

Leesome

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 8, 2010
Yep, the 48v 40ah is a mother, must admit would next time have a custom bicycle pannier rack built, should add that is works ongoing. Battery arrived within days. No problem with conhis. Planning on 48v 250watt unit, if could fit that as the front wheel if ability fit a rotator for disc brake.

Remember, if you buy, get your wheel true, for some unknown reason they never true a wheel. £11.00 at a major national bicycle & car store.

36v 750watt is highly recommended for hill climbing and on lifepo4 20ah get over thirty miles on throttle. Superb!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In principle any 36v brushless controller will work. It might be better to use the opportunity to update to a modern one with a nicer control system.

Whatever you decide, we need more information to make a suitable recomendation. We need to see all the connectors with their function identified. Do you have a control panel of any sort?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's a very simple common type of controller for a sensored brushless motor. You have a choice now. The cheapest equivalent is about £15, but controllers have moved on a lot since that one. It only has a single power level for the pedal sensor. For double the price you can get one with an LED control panel that gives three levels. For around £40, you can get one with an LCD control panel that shows speed and distance with 5 levels. For around £60, you can get a sine wave one with LCD that will completely transform your bike. It'll make the motor go smooth and quiet, and it'll give excellent pedal assist function, which is many times better than what you have now. I've updated many bikes this way and the owners have always been very pleasedwith the results.

You cannot buy the exact controller you have except from the OEM supplier. That's if they still have one. Any alternative will require a small amount of wiring or swapping a connector or two if you want to use the same throttle.

Let us know what choice you think is appropriate so that we can advise you further.