E-bike for very small person

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yep....they would be ideal and not too far away. Would you be able to supply them with an appropriate kit to meet the spec required?
Is her bike similar to this one?

what are you thinking of?

Battery: 13AH/15AH/17AH? where: downtube/rear rack?
motor: front/rear/mid?

Last edited:

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
in front and with a battery capable of giving a range of around 70 miles assisted.
what are you thinking of?
I was thinking of something with a BBS01 motor and a battery capable of around 70 miles assisted. Nothing set in stone and I'm open to suggestions from those that know better as I'm new to e-assist cycling.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's easy to fit a BBS01B kit, if you can remove the existing bottom bracket then you can install the kit. I can make the new straps to mount the LCD to the drop bars.
I can of course arrange with the bike shop to get the work done.
The cost of the BBS01B kit with the 17AH HL downtube battery is £768.
You will also need a pair of stick on brake sensors (£16) if she wants to use the throttle.

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
The bike is as your image other than it has a Rohloff fitted and is a pretty small frame. I worked at a Bike charity as a mechanic for a few years so no worries re the BB and a throttle wouldn't be needed really as I'm sure that pedal assist would be sufficient. Her main concern is increased range and having drops and I would have to quiz her re the place for the battery. Placing it centrally is appealing in terms of balancing the bike but it does have a rack and she will want some sort of baggage also.
I had hoped to avoid working on bikes as I'm unable to stand for long periods but I can feel myself being drawn back in here with this job. :(

Cyclewalkbob

Just Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Don’t forget if the the top tube is a bit long you can put on a compact handlebar with a short reach. This is taken from the centre of the straight section of the handlebar and where the STI lever attaches to the bar.
Most ebikes are set up for 5’3” and above and have handlebars with a reach of 80mm. You can save a cm to offset the longer top tube by getting a compact handlebar with a 70mm reach. I would not necessarily reduce the stem length as that could cause twitchy handling

Reactions: Woosh