E-Bike issue with pedal assist

Numpty20

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2020
I have a Basis Osprey fold up e-bike which is only just out of warranty, I tried to cycle to work very early this morning and the pedal assist did not kick in the power. I checked and the battery is fully charged but and I plugged the charger back in to check and the green light came on as usual when its fully charged.

The only thing I see differently is It appears that there is a flashing red light on the LED power indicator, anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I have the Basis Finch which is the cousin of the Osprey.

Are all your electrical connections secure including the connection to the rear wheel? As a first step, I would check these to see if it solves the issue. If not, eBikes Direct will probably be able to suggest the cause of the fault and a solution. I've always found their workshop technicians to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Numpty20

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2020
I have the Basis Finch which is the cousin of the Osprey.

Are all your electrical connections secure including the connection to the rear wheel? As a first step, I would check these to see if it solves the issue. If not, eBikes Direct will probably be able to suggest the cause of the fault and a solution. I've always found their workshop technicians to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Kangooroo I will try and take a look at this when I get a chance, I also contacted E-Bikes direct who have said something similar to yourself.

Fingers crossed I can find something without having to take bike to repair shop.

Cheers

Numpty20