E-bike light set. Anyone use these?

scofield

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2021
Out of interest I'm curious if anyone uses this set pictured and their opinions? I wired this direct to my 52v battery and they seem pretty good. Horn is deafening so I've put some tape over it! I put an inline blade fuse in, no idea what current they pull but I just stuck in a 5 amp.
I guess my main concern is how they hold up in the rain.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have used similar set ups direct battery power and indirectly in the past via the controller never had an issue with rain.
I now simply use usb lights I have so not to have the extra wiring runs and clutter on the bike.

scofield

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2021
Thats the main downside, wires..Some were so long I had to trim them down, bit of PITA when a cable has 6 little wires running through it. Just about squeezed all the cables into the controller bag though. I just like the all in 1 control really. Still can't believe how loud the horn is, louder than a car horn! lol

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
I accept the clutter of wires as it makes the bike look like a "heath robinson" DIY non professional job - hence hopefully unsaleable so not worth stealing!

scofield

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2021
Haha. Well as long as a potential buyer doesn't unzip my controller bag, or it will give birth to the spaghetti junction!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I looked at that set because I liked the idea of an integrated horn and the 12W headlight. To waterproof, I used self-amalgamating rubber tape around the connections to the battery wires, when I soldered on a similar rear light and three headlights via inline blade 3A fuse (mine were lower power). I also used 4:1 marine heat shrink on other cut to size soldered wires. The wiring looks neater than it would have, because they're hidden in the sort of webbing one would use within a PC to keep cables tidy.

Last edited: