E-Bike retailer in central Birmingham

pl1974

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2008
Hi,

Going to Brum on Thurs, just wondered if anyone knew of any electric bike sellers in the centre (going by train) that we could go and have a look at/test ride some bikes.

My wife is after a new bike, although she's only about 5'1" so could do with trying one or two..

Thanks,

Paul

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Hi,

Going to Brum on Thurs, just wondered if anyone knew of any electric bike sellers in the centre (going by train) that we could go and have a look at/test ride some bikes.

My wife is after a new bike, although she's only about 5'1" so could do with trying one or two..

Thanks,

Paul
I live in brum and the nearest i could recommend is onbike,which is some twenty or thirty miles away,i can only think of one bike shop in the city centre which does not sell any electric bikes.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
the nearest one from Bgham is Atmosphere electric bikes I think in Bedworth, the postcode is CV12 9NH have a look as they might suit you best

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
There must be some kind of directory of e-bike dealers somewhere on the web? There is one started here on the Pedelecs site, but it doesn't look very replete of stockists at the current time, I guess it will fill up in time.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
I am unsure of other bike frames, but the Quando 2 is the bike i have, as I am only 5ft 5

I would hate to ride a bike and not be able to out both feet on the ground when I wanted, instead in leaning one side -like they do on motorbikes, I was testing well just sitting on many differant electric bikes in the Netherlands, also the elcric motored ones, but mostly by feet wouldnt touch the floor both sides.

Gaynor

pnc77

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2010
hi
my wife is near enough the same size, she got a windsor bike from atmosphere in bulkington, they had change the seat post for her so the seat could be lowered 3" which made it a lot easyer for her to get on and off
hope this helps

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
my wife is near enough the same size, she got a windsor bike from atmosphere in bulkington
My mother being just 4 ft 10 had a bit of an hard time getting herself a bike..

Im sure there is a new outlet in kidderminster, which `ant a million miles away but i wouldnt wont to walk it in the rain, but it dose have good train links with Brum

pl1974

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2008
Thanks all, not looking too promising, was hoping there would be one in the centre as we'll be on the train.

At the moment, seems it may be between the Powacycle Cambrisge or a Juicy bike classic, although a bit worried about the size of both.

Thanks,

Paul

pnc77

May 27, 2010
the powacycle windsor is 30" to the top of the saddle from the floor(changed the seat post to get it this low) would be higher on the other bike i think

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Makro do the Powacycle for about £539 inc vat. there are better bike around though..... On my motorhome forum someone returned it due to weight and lack of power.

pnc77

May 27, 2010
if your still looking for a small bike, why don't you look at URBAN MOVER UM55 UCRUISER with 24" wheels would be a good bike for a smaller person