E bike Virgin

Lioncrunch

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2015
Hi all, I'm nervous, this is my first time, I confess, I'm a, EBV (ebike Virgin ) please go easy on me.
I live in West Yorkshire Hebden Bridge area, almost? So hills like flag poles, straight up!
Plus my legs, have reached that point in their life where they are in need of a full service,in particular the middle UV joints are knackered, I'm hoping to get some new bearings, but there out of stock till don't know when?
Just bought two Oxygen bikes, MTB and Diva, from John at WYEB, bought on a whim, so let's hope they are the business.
I will post again after first ride

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi all, I'm nervous, this is my first time, I confess, I'm a, EBV (ebike Virgin ) please go easy on me.
I live in West Yorkshire Hebden Bridge area, almost? So hills like flag poles, straight up!
Plus my legs, have reached that point in their life where they are in need of a full service,in particular the middle UV joints are knackered, I'm hoping to get some new bearings, but there out of stock till don't know when?
Just bought two Oxygen bikes, MTB and Diva, from John at WYEB, bought on a whim, so let's hope they are the business.
I will post again after first ride
Hi Lioncrunch
I am over the hill from you in Keighley which is a ride you should be able to easily manage now even with your worn out bits..[emoji12]

Lioncrunch

Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for the contact Phill, I actually live at Mount Tabor, so it's over Ovenden Moor, if you don't know it, its the one with the wind turbines on, so into Howarth then Keighley, nice quiet road over the moor go up there on my Giant CSR3, it's a pull going up, but coming back down is worth the effort.
Only taken to riding since I became of independent means, in June of this year, so are training the old Pistons, I were having great trouble getting up steam, hence the E bike.
It's 10 am just now, hope it stops raining, so I can get out for first time, I will do that run to feel the difference,
Up here at Mount Tabor we get the rain before you, it passes us on the way down to you, but our biggest issue is the wind, it don't half blow.
Being on top of the hill it's a problem, wherever I go, it's uphill coming back.;)

Lioncrunch

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Phill, and all, today Thursday I had my first ride on my new Oxygen E mate MTB, first 10 yards something clicking, turns out was front brake cable, (hydraulic brakes) was rubbing on spokes, soon fixed with cable tie, so off I go up to Ovenden Moor my usual ride on Giant CSR3, up towards the turbines 3.5 miles to turbines, the wind was blowing sideways, blew me all over the place, normally it would have been to bad to proceed, but I was keen to try my new bike, which performed a dream, loads of power into the wind, I got as far as the reservoir and decided it was to dangerous to continue, so turned back to home, another 3.5 miles however this was all downhill almost, well at least 3 miles.
So did I cycle 7 miles, or did I cycle 3.5 miles and free wheeled the rest.

On another note, I loaned a kalkhoff last week and cycled up Stocks Lane, on that bike Even with full power assist I had to stop 4 times, on the Oxygen I didn't have to stop at all, I'm not saying one bike is better than the other, I am saying the Oxygen was easier on the legs.
However the saddle was/is atrocious, the on line instruction manual says the saddle post is 30.9, however on the post it says 30.4, it also states that ALL EMate bikes come with suspension seat posts, mine doesn't have one, ?..
I'm not technically minded when it comes to bikes, or E bikes, I'm struggling raising the handlebars on my CSR3, I used to just undo the crown nut hit it with something, and hey presto adjustment, however my first impressions of the Oxygen is,,its amazing..long may it reign...

Friday update prior to posting, just been out done 5 miles mostly off road, handlebars again too low, so need to gen up on how to raise them.