e-bikes under £1,200 to fit a child seat

Stirlingblue

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

Myself and my wife are both looking for e-bikes that can fit a child seat that can be used for a 15km round trip to drop off our son at creche and for weekend riding around local forests. We have just moved to Belgium so it's pretty flat, I don't see us spending a huge amount of time doing hill climbs so I don't think we need anything too powerful.

My concern is more about the balance when using the child seat, I assume we should look at step-through bikes to make mounting easier. Most of the bikes I've seen in this price range have batteries located on the rear pannier which I guess would make it too rear-heavy once you add the child seat.

I know of somebody who is leaving Brussels and I have an option there for a Conway ETS 270 for 1,300 Euro, is that a good option for one of the bikes?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm totally lost trying to read through 1,000 articles online only to find that I can't actually buy the bike in Belgium

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
I can just about fit a child seat on my Wisper 705se. I just had to stretch out the foot rests around the pannier/battery rack.
I've not noticed that its too rear heavy at all and my little one is 4 now.
Being that it's a step through does make it easier to get on when she is seated!