E-Bikeshop.co.uk

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Time clipless pedal user here.

I would be difficult for any bike manufacturer to accommodate all the possible pedal preferences for buyers.

By supplying none or cheap flat pedals, then at least the bike is immediately usable.

Reactions: LeighPing

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Rather than moan about it, send it to me, I really like mine. :)

edit.. Having said that, I'd want to check that it is the same first, as the one fitted the --Race P wasn't as comfortable as the saddle fitted to the Macina Lycan and Race.
Eddie ,
Your welcome to it if it suits you ,
Its a Selle Italia SL XC Flow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
works for me ;)

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Weird....still getting a 404 error. Maybe because I'm traveling through France.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Well, maybe it's just me then. But, if my new pride and joy was standing there with no pedals, I would feel a bit like this. :)

These arrived today and they look a lot better than the originals for 14 quid. The original ones that let me ride off into the sunset on purchase. :D

DSC00541.JPG

DSC00545.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I have been a bit slow to pick up on this thread but thought I might comment as I bought my Haibike sDuro HardSeven SL 2015 Yamaha on the 20th of March 2015 from Martin.

I did a lot of research before buying my bike and found Martin to be helpful and knowledgeable whenever I spoke to him on the phone.

I agree with everyone who recommends that you should ride as many of the bikes you are interested in as possible before you buy. I had also tried a Kalkhoff S10 with a test ride from the 50 cycles store and already owned an Oxygen E-mate City so I was not new to electric bikes.

I attended the e-bikeshop Demo day where I could ride the two systems I was interested in (Bosch/Yamaha) back to back in an off road hilly area. So when I made an appointment to see Martin at his shop in Farnham I was almost certain which bike I wanted.

I did not find Martin too pushy but he is a salesman as I have been in my past and he does try to close the deal, but I am sure you could say no if you wanted to. I wanted to buy the bike so am unaware of how he might of reacted if I had not bought a bike.

The only other bike I was interested in was the Haibike xDuro HardSeven Bosch and I am sure I would have been very happy with it but the Yamaha HardSeven was £700 cheaper and I had found both motors to be very good and quite similar with in my case a slight preference for the Yamaha at the time of my purchase.

I also bought a Moon Comet Rear light and a Moon Meteor front light following Martin's recommendation and have found them really good. The Moon Comet rear light failed within a year and when I spoke to Martin he asked me to let him see it. I dropped round with it and he replaced it with a more expensive Moon Comet MKII free of charge, which I thought was good customer service and that light is working well. For safety I have two rear lights so that if one stops working I have a back up.

I wanted a rack fitted to be able to carry panniers and this was no problem and is still working perfectly after 3800 miles. I did put stronger fastening bolts on the rack myself for my own peace of mind.

I wanted puncture resistant tyres and slime filled tubes and Martin recommended the Schwalbe Smart Sam plus that have proved superb with no punctures in 3800 miles.

The extras were fitted and the bike ready to pick up quickly and the handover was done by Martin with everything explained clearly.

I destroyed the rear Mech and wheel myself off road not long after having the bike and dropped the bike back to Martin who quickly made me up a strong back wheel based on a Mavic rim that has so far taken everything that I have thrown at it. This was done quickly and the bike was ready to pick up and ride again after only a few days. I was pleased that I had bought my bike from a dealership close to me so that dropping it back and getting it fixed was easy.

Recently I heard a noise from the back wheel that I thought might be from the spokes although none had broken and the wheel seemed to be true. However the noise seemed to be getting worse and was annoying. I think Martin thought I was being paranoid but when I drove round to his shop he stopped what he was doing and listened to the noise as I cycled it around the car park. Anyway he took the wheel back and re trued it for me.
He emailed me to let me know it was ready the next day! Really good customer service. This is the email I got from Martin.

I stayed on last night for an hour and managed to get another half turn all the way round on your wheel.
Ready when you are to pick up. :)

Martin | Sales / Tech Support

I emailed him to thank him for doing it so quickly and to let him know that the noise had disappeared.

I have also bought oversize chain rings from him that he has supplied really quickly.

After buying my bike and then joining this forum I could see that Martin and the e-bikeshop were occasionally the center of some heated discussions! but as a customer i have found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful and ready to sort out any issues I have had after buying the bike. So my own personal experience has been really good.

My other electric bike an Oxygen E-mate City was bought from 50 Cyles in Kingston and when I had an issue with the motor within the guarantee period and contacted them they told me that they no longer sold Oxygen bikes and could not help me.

However I managed to speak to the then owner of Oxygen bikes direct who was very good and sent me a new motor laced inside a rear wheel so although 50 cycles abandoned me Oxygen Bikes were very good.

Last edited:

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I have been a bit slow to pick up on this thread but thought I might comment as I bought my Haibike sDuro HardSeven SL 2015 Yamaha on the 20th of March 2015 from Martin.

I did a lot of research before buying my bike and found Martin to be helpful and knowledgeable whenever I spoke to him on the phone.

I agree with everyone who recommends that you should ride as many of the bikes you are interested in as possible before you buy. I had also tried a Kalkhoff S10 with a test ride from the 50 cycles store and already owned an Oxygen E-mate City so I was not new to electric bikes.

I attended the e-bikeshop Demo day where I could ride the two systems I was interested in (Bosch/Yamaha) back to back in an off road hilly area. So when I made an appointment to see Martin at his shop in Farnham I was almost certain which bike I wanted.

I did not find Martin too pushy but he is a salesman as I have been in my past and he does try to close the deal, but I am sure you could say no if you wanted to. I wanted to buy the bike so am unaware of how he might of reacted if I had not bought a bike.

The only other bike I was interested in was the Haibike xDuro HardSeven Bosch and I am sure I would have been very happy with it but the Yamaha HardSeven was £700 cheaper and I had found both motors to be very good and quite similar with in my case a slight preference for the Yamaha at the time of my purchase.

I also bought a Moon Comet Rear light and a Moon Meteor front light following Martin's recommendation and have found them really good. The Moon Comet rear light failed within a year and when I spoke to Martin he asked me to let him see it. I dropped round with it and he replaced it with a more expensive Moon Comet MKII free of charge, which I thought was good customer service and that light is working well. For safety I have two rear lights so that if one stops working I have a back up.

I wanted a rack fitted to be able to carry panniers and this was no problem and is still working perfectly after 3800 miles. I did put stronger fastening bolts on the rack myself for my own peace of mind.

I wanted puncture resistant tyres and slime filled tubes and Martin recommended the Schwalbe Smart Sam plus that have proved superb with no punctures in 3800 miles.

The extras were fitted and the bike ready to pick up quickly and the handover was done by Martin with everything explained clearly.

I destroyed the rear Mech and wheel myself off road not long after having the bike and dropped the bike back to Martin who quickly made me up a strong back wheel based on a Mavic rim that has so far taken everything that I have thrown at it. This was done quickly and the bike was ready to pick up and ride again after only a few days. I was pleased that I had bought my bike from a dealership close to me so that dropping it back and getting it fixed was easy.

Recently I heard a noise from the back wheel that I thought might be from the spokes although none had broken and the wheel seemed to be true. However the noise seemed to be getting worse and was annoying. I think Martin thought I was being paranoid but when I drove round to his shop he stopped what he was doing and listened to the noise as I cycled it around the car park. Anyway he took the wheel back and re trued it for me.
He emailed me to let me know it was ready the next day! Really good customer service. This is the email I got from Martin.

I stayed on last night for an hour and managed to get another half turn all the way round on your wheel.
Ready when you are to pick up. :)

Martin | Sales / Tech Support

I emailed him to thank him for doing it so quickly and to let him know that the noise had disappeared.

I have also bought oversize chain rings from him that he has supplied really quickly.

After buying my bike and then joining this forum I could see that Martin and the e-bikeshop were occasionally the center of some heated discussions! but as a customer i have found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful and ready to sort out any issues I have had after buying the bike. So my own personal experience has been really good.

My other electric bike an Oxygen E-mate City was bought from 50 Cyles in Kingston and when I had an issue with the motor within the guarantee period and contacted them they told me that they no longer sold Oxygen bikes and could not help me.

However I managed to speak to the then owner of Oxygen bikes direct who was very good and sent me a new motor laced inside a rear wheel so although 50 cycles abandoned me Oxygen Bikes were very good.
Nice to get some balance in the thread from customers who have had a positive experience.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015

So you bought an electric bike from 50 Cycles in Hampton Wick, and they refused to fix the bike while it was still under warranty?

That's another pretty poor story of 50 Cycles after sales...

• Informative

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Tomtomato, I bought my Oxygen E-mate from 50 cycles old store in Richmond when they were selling Oxygen Bikes. It is some time ago now but I remember that when I contacted 50 cycles and spoke to their mechanic in Leicester about my noisy motor they had stopped selling Oxygen bikes and said I would be better dealing with Oxygen direct.

I guess at that stage I could have insisted that they deal with it and in doing so found out how good their customer service was in the way they handled me, as the obligation to help me was with them as they had sold me the bike.

However as part of my research before buying the bike I had exchanged emails with Andrew at Oxygen bikes direct and having that contact decided to talk to him about the problem.

At that time my bike was getting close to two years old so the fact that Andrew eventually agreed to send me a new rear wheel and motor for me to fit myself was just what I was looking for and great customer service.

Whether I buy another Oxygen product or not I will always remember that Andrew treated me very decently and gave me great customer service. So my experience is more about the great customer service I received from Andrew at Oxygen than that 50 cycles did not help me.

I remember that the person I spoke to at 50 Cycles on the phone was nice enough but not keen to get involved with my bike now they were no longer selling them.

With the contact I had developed at Oxygen contacting them direct seemed the better route to take to me at the time irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the response I got from 50 Cycles. Andrew and Oxygen had all the know how to understand that I had a genuine problem and the parts to get it fixed, which is what happened.

I think the other thing that this experience should illustrate to bike dealers is that going the extra mile to help a customer is very worthwhile and almost however much it costs them, a good investment as that customer will tell other people about their experience and this will lead to more/repeat business.

However I guess this does rely on both parties being honest in their dealings and realistic about their expectations, although the onus is on the dealer to be helpful rather than obstructive to a customer.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I bought my Oxygen E-mate from 50 cycles old store in Richmond when they were selling Oxygen Bikes. It is some time ago now but I remember that when I contacted 50 cycles and spoke to their mechanic in Leicester about my noisy motor they had stopped selling Oxygen bikes and said I would be better dealing with Oxygen direct.
Another very bad story about 50 Cycles' inability to provide suitable aftersales support and suitable warranty on their electric bikes. Even if they had stopped selling the bike, they still had the obligation to provide a warranty for the bikes already sold.

I think you were very kind to go to Oxygen bikes directly, and try to resolve the issue yourself.

• Informative

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
E-Bikeshop.co.uk
Has anyone had any experience in buying from this dealer as I am having quite a few problems with him.
Thank you to all who replied to this post
I have now after six months of toing and froing resolved this dispute to my advantage this I had to achieve by going through my credit card company.
Review here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/e-bikeshop.co.uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just shows you should go to ebike shop for a test ride then offer 60% off the asking price as its used ;)

still offer warranty with a dongle fitted tho that no other dealer can ?