E-Trike

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
It says "250w brushless front hub motor (Bafang). High Torque". This is from the Manufacturer, I'm buying second hand, but it's the same TRIKE......I won't be able to test ride it.....It's in Sheffield......I'm In Penzance......
Still 130 miles away in Seaton (Devon) but a lot closer than Sheffield.

This particular one, is "as new" having only had two brief outings. There are a couple of phone numbers listed, so it might be possible to arrange a meeting of some sort if you drive? Even if you don't buy, you'd get the chance to try it out if you travelled to the seller.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Ok, let us know how you get on with it :)

I try to avoid heavy rucksacks these days. Panniers I quite cheap and very useful, and if it's a weekly shop I tow a trailer.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
https://youtu.be/a6pY3N-g5vA You will see I hit something then went down, I had a rucksack on my back with heavy frozen food, so overbalanced..........You'll see my "airbag".........The man from the car who came to help had a Lanyard round his neck with Name and who he worked for..."Help the Aged"......he did that day....
Councils shouldn't just be tough on potholes, they should be tough on the causes of potholes. Looks like they've attempted repair by dolloping in a little hot tarmac, leaving the underlying condition untreated. You wouldn't catch me outside without an impact resistant spacesuit and oxygen, if I ever make it to being 80. Not just because air will have been privatised by then, but because falling over is often extremely hazardous for persons your age. My 78 year old neighbour didn't use a spacesuit - he broke his hip and fractured his shoulder after slipping on ice outside Tesco. Previously lived an independent life, but went a bit funny complaining about dark conspiracies orchestrated by Yakuza ninja gangs out to get him (or something like that, I couldn't make any sense of it), and calling the police repeatedly, after being under the influence of prescription opioid painkillers for months... that fall culminated in him going nutty and being trapped in a care home.

Last edited:

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Yes, I have looked into this.....you can get an "Air Vest"...it attaches to underside of seat and if you fall of bike it inflates like the air bags.....trouble is ..I didn't fall of bike.......it came with me.......seriously looking at fashioning something out of Bubble wrap.....

• :D
Reactions: FastFreddy2

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
Get yourself an aramid lined shirt and jeans, then swap out with some better D3 armour if you feel inclined. That's what I wear on my motorcycle (plus an air bag vest). Sometimes wear the shirt on my ebike when off roading.

Shirts like these....

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Get yourself an aramid lined shirt and jeans, then swap out with some better D3 armour if you feel inclined. That's what I wear on my motorcycle (plus an air bag vest). Sometimes wear the shirt on my ebike when off roading.

Shirts like these....

Wonderful...what iv'e been looking for......one already ordered..What is D3 Armour........thanks......a great site....

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Shirts like these....

I reckon that shirt could fit under my leather jacket - it's become somewhat more roomy, now that I've lost almost three stones (and counting).

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
Wonderful...what iv'e been looking for......one already ordered..What is D3 Armour........thanks......a great site....
D3 armour (and similar variants) is a more flexible armour insert which only hardens on impact. Basically, it makes armoured clothing more comfortable (and a bit less bulky), but at a cost.

For cycling, I don't think that you really need it as the commonly supplied armour will probably help just as much.

Hip protectors are definitely recommended for older chaps like us. If you don't want to buy armoured jeans then simply get an armoured pair of shorts. A bit bulky but they work quite well. Here's an example but read a few reviews before deciding which style is best for you.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you don't want to buy armoured jeans then simply get an armoured pair of shorts. A bit bulky but they work quite well. Here's an example but read a few reviews before deciding which style is best for you.
That looks like a great idea, and karma - we used to call our physics teacher "Corkarse" (he had rickets). Undoubtedly what people will be shouting at me, if I wore those at Tescos.

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
I think this could be the spec:

I go out with a friend he is 82 and has had polio all his life and he has bought a jarvik trike went up to York to try it and he loved it, I will be out with him tomorrow we do 20 miles of cycle track it is stable he just has to take it easy on the bends

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
Yes, the Alpine has arrive, broken front basket, few scratches & rust. Throttle wire exposed(Rain).....The Seller described it as "Immaculate"......he has offered a £200 rebate........not at all sure what to do......it's massive.

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Yes, the Alpine has arrive, broken front basket, few scratches & rust. Throttle wire exposed(Rain).....The Seller described it as "Immaculate"......he has offered a £200 rebate........not at all sure what to do......it's massive.
First question you might answer is, "Do you want to keep it?" Hopefully you've bought it from Ebay and used PayPal. That being the case, if you decide the answer is "No" you can get a resolution in your favour.

If the answer is "Yes", try to get as much rebate as you can, and start fixing it up.

While driving home the other day, I spotted one of these being ridden in my home town, very obviously, with no assistance. Without this thread i would not have recognised it.

Seanoge

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
Gulval, Penzance
I go out with a friend he is 82 and has had polio all his life and he has bought a jarvik trike went up to York to try it and he loved it, I will be out with him tomorrow we do 20 miles of cycle track it is stable he just has to take it easy on the bends
What did he get? Looking on Jarvik site they seem to be all Mountain Trikes....